[SOLVED] Compatible DDR3 Motherboards with Intel Core i7 7700k

Jan 30, 2019
My friend had an extra Intel Processor that he said that he would be willing to sell. The only problem is, I'm not sure if my ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Motherboard is compatible, or if I need to buy a new motherboard. However, if I were to get a new motherboard, I would need it to be affordable (around 50 US Dollars) and compatible with DDR3. Any Ideas?

Solution
there are no motherbords that will let you run an Intel i7 7700k or non k with DDR3 ram. it technically takes DDR3L ram but you would end up getting new ram and motherboard for it anyway because if you try to use DDR3 ram with it and it works you risk damaging the CPU

bignastyid

Titan
Technically the 7700k only supports DDR3L which is a lower voltage version of DDR3. There were some 100 series boards(do require a bios update to work with the 7th gen cpus) that allowed for DDR3 but I highly doubt you'd be able to find a new one.

there are no motherbords that will let you run an Intel i7 7700k or non k with DDR3 ram. it technically takes DDR3L ram but you would end up getting new ram and motherboard for it anyway because if you try to use DDR3 ram with it and it works you risk damaging the CPU

Solution