[SOLVED] Compatible External Graphics Card for Lenovo T420

Nov 19, 2019
I want to start live streaming games on youtube.
with current integrated graphics card on laptop, games running well with a little bit of lag and choppiness, but not able to do live stream.

I need your advice for graphics card compatibility for my laptop via external PCIe express card slot attached on graphics card dock & a external power unit.

I request you to please suggest me best graphics card (whether new or used one) for my laptop for live stream.

My Laptop Specs.

Lenovo T420
Windows 10 Pro 64bit, OEM Licensed
Intel Hd Graphics 3000 (1GB)
Nvidia NVS 4200M Integrated (1GB)
Kingston SSD 480 GB
Hynix RAM 8 GB DDR3 (SODIMM) 1333 mhz
Intel Core i5 - 2520M @ 2.5Ghz, (Over Clocked @ 3.2 Ghz). Dual Core (4 Threads)

Solution
Sadly, for those specs, you can't game and stream on that laptop at the same time. If you were to have the laptop perform streaming duties alone, then that'd be possible. Also, are you referring to the external GPU dock that EXP Beast make? If so, then the highest GPU you can drop in is a GTX1050Ti or the GTX1660Ti but that will not improve your choppiness due to your specs.

Lutfij

Titan
Sadly, for those specs, you can't game and stream on that laptop at the same time. If you were to have the laptop perform streaming duties alone, then that'd be possible. Also, are you referring to the external GPU dock that EXP Beast make? If so, then the highest GPU you can drop in is a GTX1050Ti or the GTX1660Ti but that will not improve your choppiness due to your specs.

Reactions: pyarewhatsapp
Solution
Nov 19, 2019

Thanks Sir,

For your quick and easy reply.

Nov 19, 2019

Thanks for the info.
I have seen many people upgrading CPU from i5 2520M to i7 - 2670QM
on Lenovo T420.

Can you please suggest me other intel processor above i7 - 2670QM upto which i can upgrade.

Thanks