Compatible GPU cooler?

joessmithy

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
Hey all!
So I've given up the research and have to ask the people in the know. I am looking for an aftermarket gpu cooler for my XFX ATI HD5570 and am unable to find descriptions that clearly indicate compatibility with this card. Many others are listed, but none specifically for the 5500 series. I hit mid 60's C when watching Blu Ray and into the mid 70's playing Assasins Creed (first one). I completely fried my last video card with a temp of 104C watching a movie... thus began my quest to properly educate myself about my computer system, it's component and capabilities... and the new card, which was the first purchase. CPU and sound card were next, followed by a new monitor. All of which has nothing to do with my current problem. I am looking at larger cases for increased air flow, but my question remains: Is there a compatible aftermarket cooler (maybe with memory heatsinks too) for my video card. I'm guessing there is, but don't want to buy 8 of them to discover the one. I'm also unsure of the effectiveness of below-card fans. I have the extra expansion slots to fit it if that would be your suggestion.
Thanks for your help!
Joe