Question Compatible graphics cards for my HP Pro 3400 ?

Apr 29, 2021
Hello, 2 days ago, I buy HP PRO 3400 Desktop PC:

Foxconn 2ABF motherboard,
i5-2320 CPU,
8gb ram,
120gb ssd ,
300gb hdd.

I want to upgrade and get GPU but i heard, many GPU's don't work on this motherboard. I want to buy rx 560 4gb or something, so guys can you please tell me what GPU's can I use on this motherboard?

I want GPU for gaming, budget GPU for gaming, if theres not any good GPU for gaming on this motherboard mnahhh, i will upgrade motherboard but there will no money left for the GPU.

It's not just an issue with the motherboard, you need to also have enough power to run the card and proper connections on the power supply for any video card that needs extra power. For that system with an older BIOS, something like an nVidia 750 should work or maybe a RX 550, but make sure you are on the latest BIOS either way. May still have some issues with the power supply and the PCIe power limitations. Some OEM motherboards don't put out the full power to the PCIe slot.

Apr 29, 2021
It's not just an issue with the motherboard, you need to also have enough power to run the card and proper connections on the power supply for any video card that needs extra power. For that system with an older BIOS, something like an nVidia 750 should work or maybe a RX 550, but make sure you are on the latest BIOS either way. May still have some issues with the power supply and the PCIe power limitations. Some OEM motherboards don't put out the full power to the PCIe slot.

So if I buy 500W Plus 80 PSU and GTX 750 or something, it will work on my MOBO? or I still have to upgrade Motherboard?

If it's a slotpowered RX 560 you don't need to swap the PSU. Also a GTX 750 works with the current PSU.

In this thread there's a roadmap to make it work. The 45w for slotpowered GPUs is BS. 75w tdp GPU works flawless.

That thread just has posts about people having issues with upgrades there are no solutions. The last post from HP is a good guide on how to install a video card, but not a fix for any of the issues the people are having.