[SOLVED] Compatible MB

Dreadmyst

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2015
Hey all, im thinking about upgrading my MB soon but I'm having a hard time finding a board that will fit what I want. I am streaming on twitch so I would need a board that supports a cpu that can handle that stress. I'm thinking of going AMD for this since AMD seems to be better at performing this role but I'm also open to Intel. I need a board that can support pcie x4 for my capture card. This is the part I'm having problems finding a board for.

current specs:
Case: Fractal Design define r6
PSU: EVGA Super Nova nexus 650 Gold
MB: Gigabyte Z270x -gaming k7
CPU: Intel i5 6600K (unlocked) with a corsair water cooler unit.
Ram: 32 gb of ddr4 2132
GPU: GTX 1070 Ti
Capture card: AverMedia live gamer duo
OS SSD: 250 GB Samsung Evo 970
Gaming hdd: 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD
Blue Ray optical drive

The non hyperlinked items are pieces I bought from a friend who recently upgraded his rig and didn't need anymore so I cant find the exact info for but the mb and cpu are being replaced so it doesn't matter much lol.

Solution
Hey all, im thinking about upgrading my MB soon but I'm having a hard time finding a board that will fit what I want. I am streaming on twitch so I would need a board that supports a cpu that can handle that stress. I'm thinking of going AMD for this since AMD seems to be better at performing this role but I'm also open to Intel. I need a board that can support pcie x4 for my capture card. This is the part I'm having problems finding a board for.

current specs:
OS SSD...

current specs:
OS SSD: 250 GB Samsung Evo 970
Gaming hdd: 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD
Blue Ray optical drive

The non hyperlinked items are pieces I bought from a friend who recently upgraded his rig and didn't need anymore so I cant find the exact info for but the mb and cpu are being replaced so it doesn't matter much lol.
Well, that depends on which CPU are you going to get to replace that one. Chipset and socket have to match CPU.

Solution