compatible mobo for radeon xfx hd 5750 video card

pjwilliamson

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013
I have this card and this mobo, asus m2n68-la. I tried installing the card but the monitor was blank so I could not tell if it recognized it or not, or if I needed to install drivers. Can someone help me install this card on this board and get it to work if it is compatible?

Solution
OK. I'm going from memory with an older Dell Inspiron that had that option in BIOS. But it depends on how advanced the BIOS is for pre-built PCs, which I presume yours is. Nevertheless, good job getting the issue solved.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Any MB with a PCIe X16 slot should work, including yours. You don't need any drivers to get a display. They are only needed in Windows for the OS to use the special features of the card.
Some older MBs require you to manually disable the integrated graphics in BIOS before the discrete card will be recognized.

pjwilliamson

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013

Thank you for the reply.

I had to search google on how to disable the integrated graphics because it was not in the Bios, it was in device manager under display adapters, once I disabled it (I did not delete it) the PC recognized the card. I then went to ATI auto detect and it is currently installing the correct driver.

pjwilliamson

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013
Clutchc, you pointed me in the right direction thank you however the ability to disable the integrated graphics was not in the bios it was in device manager. And it is currently working.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
OK. I'm going from memory with an older Dell Inspiron that had that option in BIOS. But it depends on how advanced the BIOS is for pre-built PCs, which I presume yours is. Nevertheless, good job getting the issue solved.

Solution