Question Compatible Motherboard 2011 ???

Apr 23, 2021
I have an MSI 7748 mobo and 550W PSU. After fitting an Nvidia 1070 GPU. . Blank screen when booting. Changed BIOS to PEI ok. Still no go.

May 25, 2021
Have you changed the primary video adapter in the bios settings? If not then you can try. If so, but still, try replacing another VGA card. if normal it might not be suitable or it could be that the default monitor screen resolution does not match. Good Luck

Apr 23, 2021
Have you changed the primary video adapter in the bios settings? If not then you can try. If so, but still, try replacing another VGA card. if normal it might not be suitable or it could be that the default monitor screen resolution does not match. Good Luck
Yes changed to Pei in the BIOS. The Video card is ok. Video cards have I have been told a standard resolution on boot before you load any other drivers.

Apr 23, 2021
The 1070 needs an UEFI Bios to function.
Not sure that this motherboard has UEFI
Thanks for your response, will check this out. I suppose this UEFI BIOS could be the requirement for compatibility with this card. Its only a secondary desktop that I though I could upgrade with a GPU that became redundant with an upgrade of my primary one Cheers.