Compatible motherboard/power supply

ItsTheMurph

Reputable
Jul 30, 2015
I'm building a PC with an I3 4170 and GTX 960, would this motherboard and power supply work with that build?

My budget for the motherboard is $100 Canadian, and $90 Canadian for the power supply.

Motherboard:
http://m.newegg.ca/Product?itemNumber=N82E16813157547

Power supply:
http://m.newegg.ca/Product?itemNumber=N82E16817151094

Also would the i3 4170 and GTX 960 be able to run new/modern games at high?

(I don't want any other suggestions for CPU/gpu, just want to know how they will preform)

Solution
Wrong.

An i3 is almost as good as an i5 in most all games. That i3 is a GREAT pair with the gtx960. You will get great performance at 1080p. You won;t max AAA games, but you will get high settings in most for sure.

NO, the H97 board is NOT an overclocking board. Only Z97 boards are for overclocking. H97 is the PROPER chipset for this CPU.

your post is completely misinformation.
G

With the i3 4170, no.You won't get high FPS at high in modern games.H97M is an overclocking MOBO, so you can save a couple of bucks and get a non-overclocking MOBO.And yes they are compatible.

Wrong.

An i3 is almost as good as an i5 in most all games. That i3 is a GREAT pair with the gtx960. You will get great performance at 1080p. You won;t max AAA games, but you will get high settings in most for sure.

NO, the H97 board is NOT an overclocking board. Only Z97 boards are for overclocking. H97 is the PROPER chipset for this CPU.

your post is completely misinformation.

Solution

ItsTheMurph

Reputable
Jul 30, 2015

Okay so the CPU and GPU I have matched wil work good together? (Im heading to college and on a budget, and worried ill waste money on somthing that wont work very well)

I have to sell my Xbox one to get this so im really hoping it will run games better then it.

Also is the motherboard I have picked is compatible with everything else?

If you could recommend a good compatible Power supply for what i have that would be great ($90 budget)

TRENDING THREADS