[SOLVED] Compatible motherboard

Solution
Not clear what your question is...

Those boards are both AM4 and will fit any CPU based on 1st gen Ryzen and, most likely, any 2nd gen (2000 series CPU's). 3rd gen (or 3000 series CPU's) starts to get iffy and probably not worth it. 4rth gen (5000 series) are out of the question.

Knowing your CPU is pretty important, though.

I'd go with a network card and not ditch the whole board if it's working fine otherwise. Network ports can go bad just because of a lightening strike close to the home if there's not good protection on the cables feeding the house...or an ESD discharge to the network cable feeding the system.

But if you absolutely must change the motherboard I'd go with one based on B450 chipset which will accept any 1000...

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi! So, I kinda suck when doing comparisons on motherboards. Its not my forte so I am asking for a little help. I currently have this one. And while I can purchase one it is used.
ASRock AB350 Pro4 ATX Motherboard https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WWF165R/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
Is it compatble with ASRock Socket AM4 https://www.amazon.com/ASRock-Promo...1ced2&pd_rd_wg=G0GnG&pd_rd_i=B079VWKBTT&psc=1
If your board is still working their no reason to get the new board. it pretty much just connects the parts.

Selannii

Reputable
Nov 16, 2019
Thank you.

We seem to have connectivity issues with this PC. We have two other PC's on the same router and they do not have that issue. I was going to replace the motherboard because I figured the network port was going out. Originally I was going to just get her a network card but though if that was going out maybe I should replace the whole thing.

Not clear what your question is...

Those boards are both AM4 and will fit any CPU based on 1st gen Ryzen and, most likely, any 2nd gen (2000 series CPU's). 3rd gen (or 3000 series CPU's) starts to get iffy and probably not worth it. 4rth gen (5000 series) are out of the question.

Knowing your CPU is pretty important, though.

I'd go with a network card and not ditch the whole board if it's working fine otherwise. Network ports can go bad just because of a lightening strike close to the home if there's not good protection on the cables feeding the house...or an ESD discharge to the network cable feeding the system.

But if you absolutely must change the motherboard I'd go with one based on B450 chipset which will accept any 1000, 2000, 3000 series and, most likely, any 5000 series CPU if you ever wanted to go there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Selannii
Solution

Selannii

Reputable
Nov 16, 2019
Thank you. Any specific recommendations on that B450 chipset? Her keyboard stopped working and I put it on my computer and it worked. I put it back on her computer in a different USB port. I think its slowly falling apart.