[SOLVED] Compatible motherboards for Intel Xeon Scalable CPU ?

Nov 2, 2021
Hi, I have a SUPERMICRO X11DPi-NT dual Xeon Silver 4110 M / B and I wanted to mount other CPUs. I found a seller who would have some Xeon Platinum 8153 but also publish the compatible motherboard.

Now the question arises whether when I purchase Xeon Scalable CPU I have to check compatibility with motherboard and where can I find the list of supported CPUs once I purchase a motherboard ? .. But the LGA3647 socket is not UNIVERSAL? ...

Solution
Hi, I have a SUPERMICRO X11DPi-NT dual Xeon Silver 4110 M / B and I wanted to mount other CPUs. I found a seller who would have some Xeon Platinum 8153 but also publish the compatible motherboard.

Now the question arises whether when I purchase Xeon Scalable CPU I have to check compatibility with motherboard and where can I find the list of supported CPUs once I purchase a motherboard ? .. But the LGA3647 socket is not UNIVERSAL? ...
CPU compatibility is listed by the motherboard manufacturer.
Since you are using a first generation Xeon Silver with that motherboard a first generation platinum should be compatible, assuming you stay under the power limits listed above.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

kanewolf

Titan

CPU compatibility is listed by the motherboard manufacturer.
Since you are using a first generation Xeon Silver with that motherboard a first generation platinum should be compatible, assuming you stay under the power limits listed above.

Solution