Compatible PSU upgrade for HP Pro 3130

James_494

Commendable
Feb 8, 2017
Hi all,

My son has a hp 3130 and I've bought a gtx 750ti card for it, but the card doesn't seem to be getting enough juice to it.

Could anyone point me in the right direction for a more powerful psu that will power the card as I'm struggling to know where to look.

Thanks in advance :)

Solution
im sorry to tell you this but the processor it is quite a bit too old. Replacing the PSU will not help in anything...

Why this happend ?
This is called Bottleneck. Bottleneck happends when there is a HUGE difference between the processor and the Graphics cards. For example a pentium 4 processor cannot work as faster as a brand new card on the market (ex: Gtx 1080) in consecuence the CPU tells the GPU to slow down a bit and thats basically what is happening here...

Tips:
-Try to pair technology of same or similar ages of release. Ex: a processor of 2 years ago with a card of this days is acceptable. But you cant pair a processor of 2005 with a card of this days...
-Ask before buying, this kind of experiences can be very frustraiting...

Ramlethal

Estimable
with Enough juice of it you mean it dosent seem to power it up ?
i quite belive you are mistaken some concepts here and your Processor is bottlenecking the card and its not the PSU's fault.
What CPU do you have on that HP pro 3130 ?

Ramlethal

Estimable
im sorry to tell you this but the processor it is quite a bit too old. Replacing the PSU will not help in anything...

Why this happend ?
This is called Bottleneck. Bottleneck happends when there is a HUGE difference between the processor and the Graphics cards. For example a pentium 4 processor cannot work as faster as a brand new card on the market (ex: Gtx 1080) in consecuence the CPU tells the GPU to slow down a bit and thats basically what is happening here...

Tips:
-Try to pair technology of same or similar ages of release. Ex: a processor of 2 years ago with a card of this days is acceptable. But you cant pair a processor of 2005 with a card of this days...
-Ask before buying, this kind of experiences can be very frustraiting but it can be avoided asking before purchasing blindly something you dont know if its fully functional at its maximum capacity.

Solution:
-Update the Motherboard,Processor and Ram to a more recent ones...

Solution