[SOLVED] Compatible RAM for Asus TUF FX505Du

Jun 20, 2021
Hello everyone,

Probably an old question, but I need to upgrade from 8GB to 16GB on my Asus Laptop FX505DU.
I checked with Crucial Scan App and it recommended of course 2 modules of 8Gb, but I'm on a budget so I just want to buy one more module.

According to CpuID my installed RAM is a Hynix, 1T, running at 2400Mhz (becasue of Ryzen limitations), but the actual speed is 2666. It runs at CAS 17, but I guess at 2666 it is 19, so I wanna buy this crucial model: https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr4/ct8g4sfra266/ct18592875

I need your help and input please. Will it work? Will it work on dual channel?

Thank you so much. This is my first post.

Solution
mixing different sets of RAM is never recommended.
very often it will lead to errors\issues when booting & other system instability.
even if they do function together it can also lead to decreased performance.

you would be better off trying to unload your current RAM and purchasing a new 2x 8GB set that is tested and proven to work together.
very often it will lead to errors\issues when booting & other system instability.

you would be better off trying to unload your current RAM and purchasing a new 2x 8GB set that is tested and proven to work together.

Reactions: Hez2021
Solution
Hello everyone,

Probably an old question, but I need to upgrade from 8GB to 16GB on my Asus Laptop FX505DU.
I checked with Crucial Scan App and it recommended of course 2 modules of 8Gb, but I'm on a budget so I just want to buy one more module.

According to CpuID my installed RAM is a Hynix, 1T, running at 2400Mhz (becasue of Ryzen limitations), but the actual speed is 2666. It runs at CAS 17, but I guess at 2666 it is 19, so I wanna buy this crucial model: https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr4/ct8g4sfra266/ct18592875

I need your help and input please. Will it work? Will it work on dual channel?

Thank you so much. This is my first post.
Crucial has a good return policy so try it and test.

Reactions: Hez2021
Jun 20, 2021

Ok. I understand. Thank you for your honest answer. Appreciate the help.