[SOLVED] Compatible RAM options for B360m PRO-VD motherboard ?

Apr 20, 2021
I know that my motherboard supports up to 2666 MHz, but I'm thinking about buying a new motherboard this year, so I've decided to go for a 3200 MHz ram now instead of 2666 MHz. My CPU is an i5 8400 (one of the parts that I'm going to change soon). I would like to know if any of the below listed rams are compatible with my motherboard.

1. Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 3200MHz DDR4 Ram HX432C16FB3/8
  2. Corsair Vengeance 16GB(2x8GB) 3200MHz DDR4 Ram (CMK16GX4M2E3200C16)
  3. Kingston 16GB 3200MHZ Ddr4 CL16 DIMM (Kit of 2) Hyperx Fury Black Series HX432C16FB3K2/16
None of which are currently listed as a compatible ram for my motherboard (https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B360M-PRO-VD/Specification) but I couldn't find a reason for them not to work. I would appreciate more information about this topic.

Solution
The QVL is simply a list of modules which have been tested with that board with no issues. Doesn't mean those not listed are incompatible.
MSI couldn't possibly test all the different RAM modules that are available, but If you use RAMs that are in their QVL and encounter a problem, you will get support from them.
Not so if RAMs you are using are not in the QVL.
The QVL is simply a list of modules which have been tested with that board with no issues. Doesn't mean those not listed are incompatible.
MSI couldn't possibly test all the different RAM modules that are available, but If you use RAMs that are in their QVL and encounter a problem, you will get support from them.
Not so if RAMs you are using are not in the QVL.

Reactions: Mel Morpheus
Solution