Question Compatible Ram with asrock a320m hdv r.3 and ryzen 3 2200g?

Mn3

May 15, 2019
Hello everyone!

Im building a pc with a motherboard Asrock A320M-HDV R.3 ( https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/A320M-HDV R3.0/index.gr.asp ) and Ryzen 3 2200g but i bought a Ram 2666mhz ripjaws and it wasnt compatible with ryzen's 3 2200g architecture and motherboard's so i sold it. What Ram should i buy that it would be at budget 40€, good looking at least and 2400mhz? (thinking of buying that one RAM PATRIOT PVE48G240C5KRD VIPER ELITE SERIES 8GB (2X4GB) DDR4 2400MHZ DUAL KIT RED but will it be compatible??)

Last edited:

Mn3

May 15, 2019
You should get tested RAM listed under Memory QVL (Raven Ridge) on the motherboard support page.
The PATRIOT PVE48G240C5KRD 8GB (2X4GB) kit is listed as tested by the motherboard manufacturer.

So.. I should buy it and try it on my pc?
And if its not working im screwed? (im trying to be as much budget as possible thats why) i know the architecture says it is tested on the motherboard but does Ryzen 3 2200g would need a specific ram compatible to it to be read?

Last edited:
So.. I should buy it and try it on my pc?
And if its not working im screwed? (im trying to be as much budget as possible thats why) i know the architecture says it is tested on the motherboard but does Ryzen 3 2200g would need a specific ram compatible to it to be read?
When a RAM model is listed as tested on the motherboard manufacturer's QVL, it usually works out of the box.
If is tested on the Raven Ridge (Ryzen 3 2200g is a Raven Ridge APU) then it should work.
Even when no listed you might be able to manually adjust settings.
The Corsair Vengeance RAM on my signature is not listed or tested on Ryzen, so to get to work at the rated speed I had to manually configure the RAM settings (Speed, timing & voltage) as per RAM manufacturer specifications.

Reactions: Mn3

Mn3

May 15, 2019
When a RAM model is listed as tested on the motherboard manufacturer's QVL, it usually works out of the box.
If is tested on the Raven Ridge (Ryzen 3 2200g is a Raven Ridge APU) then it should work.
The Corsair Vengeance RAM on my signature is not listed or tested on Ryzen, so to get to work at the rated speed I had to manually configure the RAM settings (Speed, timing & voltage) as per RAM manufacturer specifications.
Ooh ok!
I wish it will work and thank you bud for the help!

Nov 20, 2019
Hiii. Recently i bought 8gb ram galax gamer ii 2666Mhz. But upon installing, there is no display at all. I tried everything reset cmos switch slot and everything but nothing seems to work. My old ram is adata 4gb 2400Mhz and my cpu is ryzen 3 3200g which uses asrock a320m hd mobo. Could you help me solve this problemm. Thank yoi very much

Hiii. Recently i bought 8gb ram galax gamer ii 2666Mhz. But upon installing, there is no display at all. I tried everything reset cmos switch slot and everything but nothing seems to work. My old ram is adata 4gb 2400Mhz and my cpu is ryzen 3 3200g which uses asrock a320m hd mobo. Could you help me solve this problemm. Thank yoi very much
You should open your own thread so things don't get mixed up.
As stated above when you get RAM that is not tested with a motherboard, you might need to configure the RAM settings manually.
Does the 2666MHz RAM work if you install only one module?
Reset CMOS to default settings before installing different RAM.
By the way, you won't see a difference in performance between 2400Mhz or 2600Mhz.
You will start to see a difference @ 2933MHz/3066MHz and the best around performance @ 3600MHz