Question Compatible replacement motherboard for HP 350 G1 laptop ?

Mar 20, 2022
I am new here so I hope I behave well. I want a motherboard for my HP 350 G1 laptop. The existing one is SNOWI10-6050A2608301-MB-AO5 (core I7). In searching, I find more that seem just the same but have the number SNOWI10-6050A2608301-MB-AO4 (not AO5). Is the AO4 likely to work in place of the AO5? Thanks for any advice. I have never replaced a motherboard before, so this is a new adventure for me.

AMD radeon chip failing on the old motherboard? If you buy 2nd hand mobo i suggest getting one with intel hd graphics and no dedicated gpu. When comparing A04 and A05 there is few things like battery connector is in different spot and same with SATA port.

Mar 20, 2022
Thanks for the info. On the whole, the existing 785490-001 motherboard is working. But in replacing a noisy fan I messed up the keyboard connector. I did not realize how fragile it is. So now the fan is fine and the keyboard is dead. I am using it with a USB keyboard, but that is not a real great situation. I will check out what you say. Not having replaced a MB before, this is beginning to look like it is a bridge too far for me. I may not have the skill to get a different MB to work, especially with my existing Windows 7. Thanks again.

Thanks for the info. On the whole, the existing 785490-001 motherboard is working. But in replacing a noisy fan I messed up the keyboard connector. I did not realize how fragile it is. So now the fan is fine and the keyboard is dead. I am using it with a USB keyboard, but that is not a real great situation. I will check out what you say. Not having replaced a MB before, this is beginning to look like it is a bridge too far for me. I may not have the skill to get a different MB to work, especially with my existing Windows 7. Thanks again.

Can you link high resolution pic about the Keyboard connector area, if that is easily fixed.

About replacing motherboard if it is same model its quite easy, if you dont have the product key you can get it from the ssd/hdd. Then just make bootable Win7 ISO usb and after clean installing it activate with the old product key.

Last edited: