Compatible USB stick

CManderifeld

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015
Hi,
i am having compatibility issues when using my USB stick at school... some of the computers simply cant find it, even though it works on other computers at school and at home. this means i am now using a smaller usb which does work with the school computers and i it is one from my dads work so i have no idea what brand it is so i cant just buy a larger version...
does anyone know of a USB which is compatible with lots of devices, im guessing its something to do with drivers as the school computers cant download stuff?
I am looking for a large USB for work and revision materials and for personal files like photos, movies etc. and for backups of game save files and stuff like that.
it would also be good to be USB 3.0 just for speed and if it would be small so i could get it on my keyring without it being too big would be great!
thanks in advance...
Cam

Solution
USB stands for Universal Serial Bus... They should all be compatible with wall computers that have USB.
The school computers probably have some unnecessary antivirus that prevents new drivers from being installed (like that would be used for your USB). You'd have to find out what USB drivers are installed on you school computers, unless all the students are admins, which I highly doubt.

Ne0Wolf7

Reputable
Jun 23, 2016
USB stands for Universal Serial Bus... They should all be compatible with wall computers that have USB.
The school computers probably have some unnecessary antivirus that prevents new drivers from being installed (like that would be used for your USB). You'd have to find out what USB drivers are installed on you school computers, unless all the students are admins, which I highly doubt.

Solution