[SOLVED] compatible?

Nov 21, 2019
so ive been doing research the past couple days and I think I found a match but im a little uneasy,

the motherboard (asrock b450m steel legend) says its compatable with the cpu (ryzen 5 3600x) and ive seen that under the cpus support, the motherboard is also there under its supported boards, but ive seen somethings say that the cpu is ONLY compatable with the asus rog strix x470 and the x570

so i would like a third party to comfirm if they are compatable

Solution
I heard that the b450m motherboards that been made before the 3rd gen would need an bios update to be able to get the cpu to work but also heard now any b450m boards been made after 3rd gen will have 3rd gen ready marked on the box to say that you can use that CPU without needing to do bios update!. If your going to buy it online would contact the store to tell them is it 3000 ready marked on the box!. x570 motherboards dont need bios update for the cpu so your safe if you buy them!. Checked many x470 saying bios update on part picker so safe bet x570 boards or find 3000 ready one
I heard that the b450m motherboards that been made before the 3rd gen would need an bios update to be able to get the cpu to work but also heard now any b450m boards been made after 3rd gen will have 3rd gen ready marked on the box to say that you can use that CPU without needing to do bios update!. If your going to buy it online would contact the store to tell them is it 3000 ready marked on the box!. x570 motherboards dont need bios update for the cpu so your safe if you buy them!. Checked many x470 saying bios update on part picker so safe bet x570 boards or find 3000 ready one

Last edited:
Solution