Rejan_Rahman

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
Hi,
I am using an old <Expletive removed> pc which has msi p33 combo motherboard.
Currently, I am using 6 gb of ram (1333). 4gb+2gb. Just want to add another 4gb stick. But the problem is, I tried twinmos and Adata 4gig kit with same bus speed. But my luck is not good. After that I found kingston kvr1333d3n9/4g ram kit. Guys can any one tell me, is this kit is supported by the mobo please.?? Waiting for the experts advice..Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Rejan rahman.

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM THE USE OF EXPLETIVES. THIS IS A FAMILY FRIENDLY SITE. THANKS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Your english is better by far than a lot of members, no worries.

The thing is, it doesn't matter if anybody else has that memory or not, even if they had the exact same two or three modules you have, the results they get on THEIR system may not be the same as what you get on YOUR system, because difference in the chipsets, motherboard model, CPU configuration AND even when the modules have the same part number, if they came off different production line runs they could have COMPLETELY different components on the modules themselves. There are cases where one part number for the same stick of memory has three different configurations from within a relatively short period of time.

See here for an example of that...
Feb 17, 2019
You can try keeping a 4 gb stick with similar propertt, it wont affect at all, hoever , u must put 4 gb with 4, mixing 4 + 2 to 6 will not give its max eeficient so you have to remove the 2 gb and keep a new 4 gb, the brand doesnt affect,

Reactions: Rejan_Rahman

Rejan_Rahman

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
You can try keeping a 4 gb stick with similar propertt, it wont affect at all, hoever , u must put 4 gb with 4, mixing 4 + 2 to 6 will not give its max eeficient so you have to remove the 2 gb and keep a new 4 gb, the brand doesnt affect,
First of all Thank u for your help mate.
Yes, Brand dose not matter. But you know, when I was checking the compatability list on MSI website, I saw only one ram from Kingstone was passed. But the 4gig kit which is running into my system from Transcend. which is not listed on the compatability list.
For this reason, i do have some confusions.
And forgive me for my poor english mate. Again Thanks a lot for your help mate.

Feb 17, 2019
Welcome friend , well Hmm , that maybe also maybe but now you have which brand ram in pc currently kept and ( yeah both of them), And it depends on DDR also that board can fit or not, basically I think you have already noted it before so, its okay, if DDR and volt are matched then it will mostly support,

It is always a crapshoot. And it may not be because of the memory you are ADDING. It may be the problem lies with the fact that you already have two modules that are different and are trying to add a third different module. I'd eliminate the 2GB module and try again. If that fails, eliminate the original 4GB module and try again. Your best bet will ALWAYS be to use a matched set of sticks that were intended for use together and came as a set. That is the ONLY way you will have any measure of guarantee of compatibility.

It's likely the problem is not that your board doesn't like the sticks you are trying, but instead, that your sticks do not play nice with each other based on the configurations that your board is able to attempt when trying to find settings that work on all of the sticks together.

Rejan_Rahman

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
Thanks for your help mate.
Yes, as u mentioned before, I did tried those things.
Which I am asking, the model number of the kingstone RAM I mentioned before, does any one here ( anyone=all experts in the site) use this ram stick to their pc.. you know just try to find out that this ram kit is working or not. Hope that u guys can understand my point. If you dont, i am not gonna blam you, cause I know my english is very bad. And I apologise for that.
Again thanks a lot.

The thing is, it doesn't matter if anybody else has that memory or not, even if they had the exact same two or three modules you have, the results they get on THEIR system may not be the same as what you get on YOUR system, because difference in the chipsets, motherboard model, CPU configuration AND even when the modules have the same part number, if they came off different production line runs they could have COMPLETELY different components on the modules themselves. There are cases where one part number for the same stick of memory has three different configurations from within a relatively short period of time.

See here for an example of that:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/amd-ram-compatibility.3210050/#post-19785792

So testing things on YOUR system is the only way to know if any combination of mixed memory modules is going to work or not. Even with the same motherboard and YOUR sticks, I could try it on one machine and it works, and then try it on YOUR machine and it doesn't. You just have to try it. I will say again, you may have to simply scrap the idea of using one or both modules and simply buy a new or used kit of matched sticks if you want to increase your memory capacity, in the even you have no success. Personally, I'd recommend doing that from the start to save time and frustration.

Solution

Rejan_Rahman

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015

See here for an example of that:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/amd-ram-compatibility.3210050/#post-19785792

So testing things on YOUR system is the only way to know if any combination of mixed memory modules is going to work or not. Even with the same motherboard and YOUR sticks, I could try it on one machine and it works, and then try it on YOUR machine and it doesn't. You just have to try it. I will say again, you may have to simply scrap the idea of using one or both modules and simply buy a new or used kit of matched sticks if you want to increase your memory capacity, in the even you have no success. Personally, I'd recommend doing that from the start to save time and frustration.
Thank you mate. Thanks a lot for your explanation and the example. Which give me a lot information regarding my pc's ram memory question.
I just putted the ram on the slot and boot the system. System ran about 1 hour with out any trouble. I think That's a success.
Again Thank you, and thanks to all experts to take time and try to give me the solutions. You guys are the best.
Again, Forgive me for my mistakes. Wish all best to all of you Guys.