Question Complete noob needs advice on an upgrade for my 1050TI

Jun 10, 2020
Hi guys, I ordered a new PC a few days ago, it will have an i5 9400, ASUS H310M-A, and 16GB RAM. I haven't yet ordered a new GPU because I haven't decided what I should get yet.

I currently have a 1050 TI, which I think is in need of an upgrade now that I'm upgrading everything else, I won't be playing any of the top games really, but if I do I wouldn't mind switching them down to 720p to play because I do that with games already on my current computer, so I don't need a super high performance GPU, I just want something that is noticeably better and more in line with how the rest of the new computer will run.

I have looked into it a little bit, and have found the RX 590, it isn't TOO expensive, and according to benchmark sites it will work A LOT better than the 1050 TI. So, would the RX 590 be a decent upgrade, it isn't too expensive, but will it make enough of a difference when playing mid range games to make it worth it? and also, I don't know about the socket types with motherboards, so would this even fit into the board?

Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
I'd ask you to get an RTX 2060 Super provided your PSU is capable of driving all the components in your system. Mind sharing what your final build will look like? Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

You should also include a list of games that you'd want to tax the system with(sans an etc. in that sentence) since each game and game dev team will tax the system differently.

Jun 10, 2020
I'd ask you to get an RTX 2060 Super provided your PSU is capable of driving all the components in your system. Mind sharing what your final build will look like? Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

You should also include a list of games that you'd want to tax the system with(sans an etc. in that sentence) since each game and game dev team will tax the system differently.

Thanks for your reply :)

The build will be:
CPU:Intel® CoreTM i5 Six Core Processor i5-9400 (2.9GHz)

Motherboard:ASUS® H310M-A R2.0: Micro-ATX, DDR4, LGA1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs

RAM:16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz (2 x 8GB)

SSD/HDD:256GB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (500MB/R, 400MB/W)

(I will be transferring my 1gb HDD I currently use into the new one.

GPU: ---

PSU:CORSAIR 450W CV SERIESTM CV-450 POWER SUPPLY

Keep in mind, I don't want to buy a super expensive GPU, I just want something that's noticeably better than the 1050 TI i have now.

Last edited: