[SOLVED] Complete PC crash during games. No BSOD. Freeze and Audio loop, then auto PC rs

Status
Not open for further replies.

sLenBoat

Prominent
Apr 8, 2019
So.. It took me some time to post on this forum, because I have spent loads of time troubleshooting an issue with my new build. I have searched around on the internet, and tried alot of different solutions with no luck, so now it's time for some proper help. Here it goes:

I just built a new computer but on the second day of playing games on this PC, it started crashing. The last image freezes with an adio loop sound for about 15 seconds. Then it just automatically restarts the PC with no BSOD. I have had two BSOD, and one dmp file. This file is however corrupted, so it cannot be analysed. The PC seems to run normally for a while, then a sudden crash. It can somtimes take several hours before the crash occurs. Other times it crashes on the first round of a game (Apex Legends). I have tried different games, and the same crash occurs. All the temps are good. I have attached a photo taken during freeze.

I have switched out my GPU to a 1070 from my old computer, but it still happens. Therefore I dont think it is the GPU.

When i run prime 95, I have no crash. Highest CPU temp is 61. When I run furmark, I have no crash, but when I run them both together, I experience the same crash. Because of this, I have started to think it might be a bad PSU, but would it not just shut of directly if it's the PSU?

I have also run Memtest 4 passes with no errors. Done a fresh install of windows. Tested different drivers.

At this point, any help would be nice because I do not really know anymore. I think it might be an issue with PSU or MOBO.

Other things I have planned to to:
  • Change out all the cables in the PC. UPDATE: I did this, and it still crashes..
  • Change to the PSU of my old PC
Another quick update: The last BSOD ot of the two that I have had this: Stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL | What failed: NETIO.SYS

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition
PSU: Corsair RM750x
MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING
Storage: Samsung 970 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD
Memory: Ballistix Tracer DDR4 16GB 3000MHz RGB
Cooling: Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum
Case: NZXT H200i

Last edited:
Solution
And the dmp file is however corrupted, and you didn't have other error. Then may try to update the BIOS, if the MB does not have the newer one. Also how about the chipset driver, or other drivers, too?

When you has the unknown problem, use the minimum hardware to test the PC. Like use onboard iGPU, one stick RAM, don't oc the cpu/RAM, use the XMP profile for the RAM, use only the boot device, if you had more one storage hard drives.
Last one may consider to RMA the MB.
NETIO.SYS is the Network file. And you got the drive error from the Stop code. So the problem maybe from the network driver, or the GPU driver too.

1. Try use the DDU to uninstall the GPU driver first, then re-install the GPU driver.
  2. Uninstall the network driver first, how to: https://www.pcworld.com/article/246041/how_to_uninstall_drivers_in_windows.html after that the window will reinstall the driver for you, but you are better to update the network driver either from the MB website or intel website.

sLenBoat

Prominent
Apr 8, 2019
Thanks for the reply. I have tried with DDU before, without any luck. I also Changed to a known working 1070 with no luck. What I have done now is isntall the latetst network driver, and disabled wireless. After doing that, I have had no crashes. But sometimes I can play the whole day without crashes, so I will come back later to day with an update.

Last edited:

sLenBoat

Prominent
Apr 8, 2019
Just an update. The PC ran smoothly yesterday night and toaday. Thught it was fixed with this network drivers. But it turned out to be wrong. I had another crash just now. Any other ideas?

sLenBoat

Prominent
Apr 8, 2019
I do have an error that constantly pops up. I hava a norwegian OS so take the info you can from it:

Source: DestributetCOM Event ID: 10016
Innstillingene for programspesifikk-tillatelse gir ikke Lokal Aktivering-tillatelse til COM Server-programmet med CLSID
{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
og APPID
{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}
til brukeren DESKTOP-02RFOGD\Stephen SID (S-1-5-21-1260222437-1191001216-468875132-1001) fra adressen LocalHost (bruker LRPC) som kjører i programbeholderen Ikke tilgjengelig SID (Ikke tilgjengelig). Denne sikkerhetstillatelsen kan endres med det administrative verktøyet Komponenttjenester.

sLenBoat

Prominent
Apr 8, 2019
Well, I have the Kernel Power, but thats to be expected I would guess. Other than that there is mostly just informational stuff

Last edited:
And the dmp file is however corrupted, and you didn't have other error. Then may try to update the BIOS, if the MB does not have the newer one. Also how about the chipset driver, or other drivers, too?

When you has the unknown problem, use the minimum hardware to test the PC. Like use onboard iGPU, one stick RAM, don't oc the cpu/RAM, use the XMP profile for the RAM, use only the boot device, if you had more one storage hard drives.
Last one may consider to RMA the MB.

Solution

sLenBoat

Prominent
Apr 8, 2019
Thanks for the input. There is something funky going on for sure. I just updated to the latest BIOS. I did however do this when my issues started. But there was just a new BIOS out so I have installed this. I also updated chipset drivers when my issues started.

I do use XMP for the ram. I have tried with and without.

I just noticed today that the PC gets stuck on post. So it stops on the screen with "Press F2 or Delete to enter BIOS" and it just stays on that. I cannot get to BIOS nor will it load windows when it is stuck like that. It usually works again after a manual reboot.

Last edited:

sLenBoat

Prominent
Apr 8, 2019
I have tried recovering the BIOS. As well as updating the BOIS twice now. It did not resolve the problem. I did however change to my old 650 Cooler master PSU, and I have not yet had any crashes. I will come back with an uptadte later.

Edit: It did not help changing the PSU. Still the same issue.

Edit2: I also just tried using a single RAM stick in both of the slots. Still had the same issue in both slots with both stick. I guess it is not the memory then? As it passed memtest, and it still crashes with one stick. That leaves me with the MOBO or CPU. Although the CPU has been running flawlessly on all individual tests I've done. I still cannot rule out some sort of software issue. I have tried setting up power management and many other windows settings from other threads with no luck.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2019
Hi, so i have almost the exact same components, i7-9700, 2080RTX, Z390-a PRO, 16gb 3200hz RAM etc.. and having exact same problem. Fresh installed windows twice already and have changed almost all my components twice for new ones. Just to be sure. AND still crashing compleatly randomly without bsod, sometimes early after boot and sometimes hours later. I'm compleatly lost here.

Status
Not open for further replies.