Question Complete PC freeze, have to force shutdown, running out of ideas

Nov 29, 2021
First off, here are the specs:

Ryzen 5 3600
Radeon RX5700XT
16gb 3600mhz tridentz ram
240gb m.2 sdd + 500gb sata ssd
Asus PRIME X570-P motherboard

What I'm experiencing is a complete freeze of the PC, in which it will respond to no commands, mouse is frozen etc, and only way out is to force shutdown via the power button.
This specifically only occurs when playing games, and not when solely running firefox/chrome + background applications such as discord. However benchmark programs that stress test or utilize run perfectly with no freezes.

Looking at event viewer after rebooting, it shows as a kernel 41 power error, but I expect that occurs solely from the fact I'm force shutdowning it, and has nothing to do with the freeze itself.
Other than that, the crash dump looks empty, and whocrashed can't analyze a thing.

At this point I've gone through an EXHAUSTIVE list of fixes, none of which have seemed to have an effect on the problem.
This list includes, but is not limited to:

Running sfc/scannow, DISM.exe, CHKDSK etc. in the command prompt, for both SSD drives.
Reseating both ram sticks + GPU and checking/reseating cables to and from the PSU.
Run memtest86 on both ram sticks indivually with 0 errors.
Changed every setting imagineable in relation to fast startup/sleep/hard disk turn off etc.
Checked temps on CPU + GPU under heavy load, never having any of them go above 80-90 even during stress tests.
Defragmented drive
Checked for every driver update imagineable.

There is more, but I won't list it all.

At this point I'm running out of ideas, and am kinda dismayed by the problems I'm having.
I don't really have to luxury to simply replace parts at the moment, especially if I were to take the risk of replacing a component, only for the issue to persist.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, ty in advance.

First off, here are the specs:

Ryzen 5 3600
Radeon RX5700XT
16gb 3600mhz tridentz ram
240gb m.2 sdd + 500gb sata ssd
Asus PRIME X570-P motherboard

What I'm experiencing is a complete freeze of the PC, in which it will respond to no commands, mouse is frozen etc, and only way out is to force shutdown via the power button.
This specifically only occurs when playing games, and not when solely running firefox/chrome + background applications such as discord. However benchmark programs that stress test or utilize run perfectly with no freezes.

Looking at event viewer after rebooting, it shows as a kernel 41 power error, but I expect that occurs solely from the fact I'm force shutdowning it, and has nothing to do with the freeze itself.
Other than that, the crash dump looks empty, and whocrashed can't analyze a thing.

At this point I've gone through an EXHAUSTIVE list of fixes, none of which have seemed to have an effect on the problem.
This list includes, but is not limited to:

Running sfc/scannow, DISM.exe, CHKDSK etc. in the command prompt, for both SSD drives.
Reseating both ram sticks + GPU and checking/reseating cables to and from the PSU.
Run memtest86 on both ram sticks indivually with 0 errors.
Changed every setting imagineable in relation to fast startup/sleep/hard disk turn off etc.
Checked temps on CPU + GPU under heavy load, never having any of them go above 80-90 even during stress tests.
Defragmented drive
Checked for every driver update imagineable.

There is more, but I won't list it all.

At this point I'm running out of ideas, and am kinda dismayed by the problems I'm having.
I don't really have to luxury to simply replace parts at the moment, especially if I were to take the risk of replacing a component, only for the issue to persist.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, ty in advance.
You want a guarantee of what part/s may be bad?

Take the machine to a service counter they will swap stuff until they figure out what is wrong.
Then you only have to pay for the bad part/s plus service time.

Nov 29, 2021
You want a guarantee of what part/s may be bad?

Take the machine to a service counter they will swap stuff until they figure out what is wrong.
Then you only have to pay for the bad part/s plus service time.

Well I'd of course hope it's something I could fix without hardware changes, but I suppose I have to try a technician.