[SOLVED] Complete system freeze when gaming

Jun 17, 2020
I'm having this issue that happens usually when I'm gaming but occasionally under normal use. It's basically a complete system freeze and my computer will make a very unpleasant buzzing noise. I have to reboot via the power switch and then it's fine.

Usually happens once every couple days of gaming but certain games it will happen almost every time.

View: https://i.imgur.com/8zvYavD.png
specs

PSU - EVGA 850w G2

I've ran a chkdisk, SMART check, my HDD is fine. I don't think it's a PSU issue as it's a hard freeze and not a reboot. I've reinstalled Windows and the issue persists. Any idea what i should do?

Solution
Temps are fine, no issues.
The buzzing comes from the speakers.
I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic and it found no issues. And I just tried to run Prime95 and got a BSOD immediately, never seen this one before "HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED".
Use memtest64 to check your RAM. The error in the BSOD might be fixed through your GPU drivers, try using DDU to remove current drivers then install the latest version from AMD's website. Other drivers could also be the issue, so check for newer motherboard chipset drivers as well.
Jun 17, 2020
What are your temps?
Where does the buzzing come from?
Have you tested your RAM?
I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic and it found no issues. And I just tried to run Prime95 and got a BSOD immediately, never seen this one before "HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED".

Use memtest64 to check your RAM. The error in the BSOD might be fixed through your GPU drivers, try using DDU to remove current drivers then install the latest version from AMD's website. Other drivers could also be the issue, so check for newer motherboard chipset drivers as well.

Solution