Complete upgrade, compatibility, future proofing system

Burjo83

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016
Hi all,
I've been looking for months to upgrade my desktop PC with a completely new build.
My old system is around 9 years and has lived its life. I may turn it into fish task.
I'm heavy in gaming, Video Rendering, and am always multitasking. Currently my PC can't keep up with me, and won't even play the lasted games.

So this is what I'm looking at, my budget is approx $4k and I'd like to get a new monitor as well. I need something that can handle the multitasking, and give me great gameplay, as well as something that'll last for a while, getting permission again from the Homeboss is not likely to come around again this century.
I'll be buying in the next month, from local Victoria (Australia) sellers, eg, PC CaseGear

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Unknown, probably closed circuit liquid cooled. Need recommendations
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 Memory
Storage: Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
I have some WD Hard drives I'd like to install for the short term,
Video Card: GTX 1080 8Gb (not sure what brand) Need recommendations
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 1000W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer (just in case I want to play old games)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Full 32/64-bit
Wired Network Adapter: think the Mbd has one.
Monitor: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27.0" 144Hz Monitor

Your thoughts on the build, compatibility issues, what could work better, cooling options, and so on.
I'd like room push in another GTX 1080 and another SSD somewhere down the line as well.

Thanks
Burjo

Icaraeus

Honorable
Get rid of the 1TiB SSD and just go with a much cheaper 2-3TiB hard drive. Go with GTX 1070 instead of GTX 1080. Go with a 650-750W PSU at most (only if you intend to SLI). 1000W is useless. PC games don't use bluray and probably won't for ages. Save $$ and go with DVD drive.

Please link the PCPartPicker list if you can.