Question completely random freezes, no real cause.

Mar 4, 2022
Hello everyone, this is my first time using a forum so sorry for my ignorance, but I'm in desperate need of help. My computer has been freezing, the screen freezes audio stutters for a second then resumes but the display stays still non responsive. At first when it started to happen it would go to a black screen, then it would freeze the image, then it restarted it self for about two days, and finally were back to the image freezing. I've tried as many things as I could find on the internet to fix my problem ill try to list everything I've tried below.

1. A new display port cable and HDMI cable.
  2. Updating my drivers to the latest drivers.
  3. Fresh install of windows
  4. I used DDU to completely remove my drivers turned off auto update on windows reinstalled the latest drivers.
  5. I've turned off hardware acceleration
  6. I've Under Clocked my GPU using MSI after burner
  7. I've used SFC /scannow in CMD
  8. I've changed Power management to Maximum
  9. I turned off fast boot
  10. Cleaned my computer
  11. took in to a computer repair place and they couldn't find the problem. (-$100)
  12. I've scanned my memory using the windows memory diagnostic tool
    13. Updated my BIOS
I have only been able to get a handful of mini dump files due to the fact that the computer doesn't technically crash and rather freezes. I have more than two but when i open them these are the only ones that look different I will upload other if needed. Here are two that are different from each other. The first one I got before the Second one.

1. https://easyupload.io/6l9y6x
  2. https://easyupload.io/jzwwx5
PC Specs:
Z390 Pro 4 Motherboard
Intel Core i5-9600K 6-Core 3.7 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER - ZOTAC Twin Fan
Team T-FORCE Delta RGB 3000MHz - 8 GB x 2
Seasonic focus 750W GOLD PSU

Thanks for any comments trying to help me fix my problem.

EDIT: I've had all the components for about 1.5 Years. And I forgot to mention the freezes will happen while gaming, watching Youtube, and even idle a couple of times where I leave my computer for 20ish mins comeback and its frozen.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

750W is the advertised wattage of the PSU while Gold is the advertised 80+ efficiency rating. What is the make and model of the PSU and it's age? BIOS version for your motherboard? The links come up with an error for me, I'll try and revisit them later down the road. You state reinstalling the OS, did you recreate your bootable installer? How are you cooling that processor?

Mar 4, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

750W is the advertised wattage of the PSU while Gold is the advertised 80+ efficiency rating. What is the make and model of the PSU and it's age? BIOS version for your motherboard? The links come up with an error for me, I'll try and revisit them later down the road. You state reinstalling the OS, did you recreate your bootable installer? How are you cooling that processor?

I have a Seasonic Focus Gold power supply(1.5 -2 years old),
My BIOS version is 4.40 ,
If The links continue not to work i can try to upload them again, do you have a better site to use?
When reinstalling my OS (windows 10) I did not use a USB and rather did the process from the internet.
And my CPU is water cooled.

Sidepiece86

Prominent
Jul 5, 2021
I have a Seasonic Focus Gold power supply(1.5 -2 years old),
My BIOS version is 4.40 ,
If The links continue not to work i can try to upload them again, do you have a better site to use?
When reinstalling my OS (windows 10) I did not use a USB and rather did the process from the internet.
And my CPU is water cooled.
I would keep an eye on cpu temps to see if they spike before the crashing and other issues. Could be your cooler. It's a common issue. What make and model is your cooler?

Sidepiece86

Prominent
Jul 5, 2021
I have a NZXT Kraken X42 to cool my cpu
I have a NZXT Kraken X42 to cool my cpu
Have you noticed any spikes in temps? If you have msi afterburner you can open the settings tab then monitor tab and add cpu temps to the tray icon or on an on screen display. Please note that some games crash with any kind of overlays and some crash just from having anything active in the graph at the bottom of afterburner

Mar 4, 2022
Have you noticed any spikes in temps? If you have msi afterburner you can open the settings tab then monitor tab and add cpu temps to the tray icon or on an on screen display. Please note that some games crash with any kind of overlays and some crash just from having anything active in the graph at the bottom of afterburner
no spikes before crash it rarely even goes above 55

acerbic

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2012
Hey mate - what is your SSD? I am experiencing similar issues as I posted in another thread as I did not want to hijack yours - but I wonder if you may have samsung 970 evo?

TRENDING THREADS