Question Completely Remove AMD Chipset Drivers

Mar 26, 2019
I’m not completely sure if this thread should be posted under this topic.

I want to completely remove all my AMD B450 chipset drivers. Does AMD Clean Up Utility remove all the drivers from the motherboard? What are some other ways I can solve the problem?

Thanks,
Leo

Graphics card is sometimes crashing. I want to uninstall previous drivers and chipset drivers.

While it's better than it used to be, this is still a common problem when installs go amiss.

Get the latest version of Display Driver Uninstaller...DDU....

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Follow it's instructions, running it in safe mode. It will uninstall absolutely all AMD software (other than StoreMI), remove registry entries and references, delete all AMD files and folders and leave your system clean. Check the AMD folder on your system drive to see if it's empty... it should be at this point, if it's still there. The AMD folder is a store of currently and previously installed chipset and display drivers.

When the system re-boots Windows will detect and install it's default AMD drivers, including chip-set and display. So you don't have problems getting back to normal you should download the latest chipset driver package and the latest display driver package before you start DDU and have them already on your desktop for installing after the reboot. Install chipset first, then display driver. You'll be good to go in no time.

I've had to do this a couple times as I tend to un-install display drivers to go to earlier releases for various reasons. Going backwards is a quick way to get things hosed.

Last edited: