Question Completely upgraded custom PC and worked fine great for a day but now runs really slow

May 11, 2019
I recently just bought all new parts for my pc including a nice new case, phantom gaming 4 z390 motherboard, 2 sticks of 8gb ram, h100i pro water cooler, intel i5 9600k processor, and a gtx 1660 ti. The only things i kept was my HDD that had my windows 10 and some games on it and my 900w power supply. For the first day it worked fine but i had my old graphics card which was a AMD Radeon 7950 sapphire dual-x and saw one fan wasn’t spinning. I turned off my computer and unplugged it and plugged it back in. When I turned it on everything went downhill and started to run way slower and when i moved my mouse it would lag. Now i have both graphics cards in my pc and it is still running slow. I installed all drivers and all that please help!

Why do you have both graphics cards in the system? Unless a game uses explicit multi-GPU mode in DX 12 (Ashes of the Singularity, others???) , there is no benefit, only the potential for conflicts.

Did you do a full reinstall of your OS or just put the hard drive in the system.? When installing a new MB with different hardware, a full reinstall is generally indicated. Subtle to blatant problems may arise otherwise.

Sysprepping the drive may help, but not guaranteed. If sysprepping, you will need to reactivate your installation.
This can be done with an a Microsoft account attached to the install, if you don't want to pull out your W10 box off the shelf to get your key.
If your Win 10 license is an OEM license, it may not transfer.
You generally run sysprep with the commands generalize, shutdown, and oobe (out of box experience)

You will lose your installed programs in either case (full install or sysprep)

In either case, back up your important data before doing that.

Reactions: Gamerpro123321