[SOLVED] Completely Wiping SSD and HDD

Dec 28, 2019
How would I go about completely wiping both my SSD and HDD so that I can reuse them in a new build? Will there be any problems during and after wiping them since the SSD will have the OS (Windows 10)? I’m going to do a clean install of Windows 10 for the new system.

Solution
So I would delete all partitions in the BIOS? Can I do that in my old pc before I connect it to the new one?
No, not in the BIOS or old PC.
During the install process in the new system.

In the above tutorial, Step 6 & 7 speak to deleting the existing partitions.

Lordnox09

Reputable
Mar 20, 2016
i dont think i finished reading your question before i answered if you wanna keep windows on it
option 1: Reset this PC
Windows 10 has a built-in method for wiping your PC and restoring it to an ‘as new’ state. You can choose to preserve just your personal files or to erase everything, depending on what you need.
Go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Recovery, click Get started and select the appropriate option. Then follow the on-screen instructions to restore Windows 10 to a factory fresh state.

https://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/co...o-wipe-your-pc-with-windows-10-11364002707321

Dec 28, 2019
i dont think i finished reading your question before i answered if you wanna keep windows on it
option 1: Reset this PC
Windows 10 has a built-in method for wiping your PC and restoring it to an ‘as new’ state. You can choose to preserve just your personal files or to erase everything, depending on what you need.
Go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Recovery, click Get started and select the appropriate option. Then follow the on-screen instructions to restore Windows 10 to a factory fresh state.

https://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/co...o-wipe-your-pc-with-windows-10-11364002707321
Wouldn’t I need to install Windows again since I am using new hardware? I’ve seen other posts and videos saying to completely wipe the storage drives and do a clean install of Windows. I just can’t find an explanation of how to do so.

USAFRet

Titan
Wouldn’t I need to install Windows again since I am using new hardware? I’ve seen other posts and videos saying to completely wipe the storage drives and do a clean install of Windows. I just can’t find an explanation of how to do so.
For all new hardware, a new install is always recommended, usually required.

Have only the one drive connected when you do the install.
Delete ALL partitions as you go through the process.

Reconnect other drives later, and clean as desired.

Dec 28, 2019
For all new hardware, a new install is always recommended, usually required.

Have only the one drive connected when you do the install.
Delete ALL partitions as you go through the process.

Reconnect other drives later, and clean as desired.
So I would delete all partitions in the BIOS? Can I do that in my old pc before I connect it to the new one or do I need to do it in the new system?

USAFRet

Titan
There is no tutorial above... where is it, please?
In Post #8, and again...