Vlad24

Reputable
Sep 4, 2019
Greetings,

Recently I have assembled my new PC, but I have faced one problem.
The problem appeared just after assembly, as I have turned on the pc - I would get "no signal - going to the sleep mode" on the screen. At first I thought it was a HDMI cable or monitor issue, which it was not. At some random point I have unplugged one of the Graphic cards and one of the RAMs and place the last one on the 3rd slot (also worked on the 4th but did not work on 1st and 2nd (originally on the first launch was placed on 1st and 3rd )) and it suddenly worked.

But, even though it works well, and with those specifications I have it is good enough, but I would actually wish to install second graphics card and another RAM, and if I do this, my PC will do the same as before - it will be turned on, but no visual image on the screen, no signal.

So, to give you more clear details I would attach my specs:
Motherboard: MSI x470 Gaming Pro
Processor: AMD Ryzen 2700x
Power Unit: EVGA 750 GQ
Graphics card: Radeon RX580 (2x) works only with one (any)
RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 16GB (Kit 2x8GB) 2666MHz CL16
Monitor: Philips 276E 4K
To clarify, I was assembling everything myself and I do not have a large experience in it, though I took all the necessary precautions.

So if somebody ever faced something like that or possibly know possible solution to the problem - I would love to hear them.

Thank you.

Vlad24

Reputable
Sep 4, 2019
Yea, I tested it in this way and in many variations (taking out graphic cards, swapping them, trying even without and placing RAMs in different slots). The only variation it seemed to work is RAM in slot 3 or 4 (only one) and one Graphics card. Also, for some reason monitor also will not turn on if I plug it into the motherboard (which I assume has the installed GPU if I am not wrong).

So, I do not know if it is really a Graphics card issue because the same thing happens to RAM regardless of the number of graphic cards.