Question Component and RGB EDID issues are causing green or purple filtered image on TV ?

Aug 21, 2024
Hello, so I know this issue exists as we previously had a TV that had a color space setting, and we could set the source to RGB with the TV on Component or reverence to get the green or purple affect. Our current TV line does not have a color space setting in menu or factory menu so it must be in auto select. We have had customer case showing the purple filter screen, so I am assuming they have a switch or edit device that is tricking the TV auto select, or is skipping handshake on switch, keeping the TV in the wrong setting for the new source.

Years ago I remember having switches that would cause this kind of issue, where I could switch sources without a new hand shake causing errors. I no longer have these switches and would like to find some to replicate and document this issue for customers to under stand what is going on. I need to prove the set up error and that it is not a TV defect. I have an EDID scalier to force what edit is sent but the TV just auto selects the correct settings.

I need to be able to set the EDID to send RGB, hand shake with the TV but then send Component signal instead, or switch to component without a new handshake. Does anyone have any Ideas on how to do this? Is there any way to get a mechanical switch, that would keep the handshake when switching sources or do all current switches allow for a handshake now when switching?