Question Component change or monitor?

Mar 31, 2020
Hi, I have a question specific to gaming.
I'm having trouble playing APEX lEGENDS, and even though I feel like FPS is good, somehow the game doesn't go smoothly.
FPS ranges from a minimum of 75-80 to a maximum of approximately 110, sometimes more depending of course on the situation.
My question is, since I don't think it's a problem with the Pc, should I upgrade my graphics card or should I first get a 144Hz monitor?

my Rig
Motherboard Z370 - A PRO
GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Intel Core i5-8400 (2,8GHz)
8GB RAM ( 3200MHz)
1920x 1800, 60Hz Asus monitor

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Tough call, as upgrading the GPU, you'll be pushing higher frames..... with a monitor that's not going to take advantage.

What kind of budget are you working with?

You could upgrade the GPU with an eye to upgrade the monitor in the near future..... but given the frame rate you're seeing at 1080p/60Hz, a bump in resolution or refresh rate could be beneficial (perhaps turning down settings a bit to accommodate), with a view to a GPU upgrade as/when you can.

Mar 31, 2020
Tough call, as upgrading the GPU, you'll be pushing higher frames..... with a monitor that's not going to take advantage.

What kind of budget are you working with?

You could upgrade the GPU with an eye to upgrade the monitor in the near future..... but given the frame rate you're seeing at 1080p/60Hz, a bump in resolution or refresh rate could be beneficial (perhaps turning down settings a bit to accommodate), with a view to a GPU upgrade as/when you can.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** I have a budget in the range of about 150-200 €, + with the sale of the current component of course whether it is a monitor or a GPU, so let's say somewhere around 250-300 €.
My only goal is to get on the smoothness of the gameplay, the details of the game do not matter.