Component Only Monitor

Jake Dennis

Honorable
May 6, 2013
The monitor only has component my video card has displayport, hdmi, dvi, and vga. Is there anyway to convert this. The digital to analog confuses me. Can someone please explain. Thanks

Solution
Sure.
HDMI stands for High Definition Media Interface. This connection is digital and can carry an HD video signal as well as an HD audio signal in the same cable. Variations of it are used on most current TVs and monitors. An HDMI cable and a DVI cable carry the same type of video signal, so an HDMI cable is essentially a glorified DVI cable.

DVI stands for Digital Video Interface. There are several types of DVI: Single Link, Dual Link, DVI-A, DVI-D, and DVI-I.
Those types just indicate whether the signal is analog or digital, and what type of connector it uses. Your graphics card probably has a DVI-I port.

Displayport is a digital connection backwards compatable with DVI and VGA. It is an HD connection on most modern monitors. You...

risaccess1

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
Sure.
HDMI stands for High Definition Media Interface. This connection is digital and can carry an HD video signal as well as an HD audio signal in the same cable. Variations of it are used on most current TVs and monitors. An HDMI cable and a DVI cable carry the same type of video signal, so an HDMI cable is essentially a glorified DVI cable.

DVI stands for Digital Video Interface. There are several types of DVI: Single Link, Dual Link, DVI-A, DVI-D, and DVI-I.
Those types just indicate whether the signal is analog or digital, and what type of connector it uses. Your graphics card probably has a DVI-I port.

Displayport is a digital connection backwards compatable with DVI and VGA. It is an HD connection on most modern monitors. You can ignore it.

VGA stands for Video Graphics Array. VGA is an analog RGB connection. This is what you will probably be using to connect to your component monitor. I cannot guarantee this will work, but it is worth a shot. Buy one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/HDE%C2%AE-VGA-RCA-Component-Cable/dp/B0096TTOHG

Solution