Event ID: 4863
Date: 08/09/2005
Time: 2:32:06 PM
User: N/A
Computer: hidden
TransactionManager->GetWhereabouts failed. If Distributed Transaction
Coordinator is configured to use remote host to coordinate transactions, it
is likely that remote host cannot be contacted. You can configure MSDTC to
use local coordinator by clicking MSDTC toolbar button in Component Services
MMC snap-in. Since further execution is impossible at this time, server
process has been terminated.
Server Application ID: {02D4B3F1-FD88-11D1-960D-00805FC79235}
Server Application Instance ID:
{6176E13F-7A35-428F-A37B-363B94C733BB}
Server Application Name: System Application
Error Code = 0x8004d01b : The Transaction Manager is not available.
COM+ Services Internals Information:
File: d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\comsvcs\txprop\dtcinfo.cpp, Line: 164
Comsvcs.dll file version: ENU 2001.12.4414.258 shp

Consequently I am getting this error too.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7034
Date: 08/09/2005
Time: 2:32:06 PM
User: N/A
Computer: hidden
The COM+ System Application service terminated unexpectedly. It has done
this 17 time(s).

MS event database is no help and I find scant resources on this apparently
BIG error stream on Microsoft's support site. I checked MDAC etc and I have
latest iteration et al.

What is this all about? Thank you.

--
Microsoft Professional

Sandy Miller wrote:
> Please help. My XP Pro system is fully patched and up to date.
>
> When I go to Component Services and try to view 'Com+ Applications' I
> get this error.
>
> Catalog Error 8008005 - Server Execution failed
>
> Additionally my application log is FULL of this error....
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: COM+
> Event Category: (98)
> Event ID: 4863
> Date: 08/09/2005
> Time: 2:32:06 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: hidden
> TransactionManager->GetWhereabouts failed. If Distributed Transaction
> Coordinator is configured to use remote host to coordinate
> transactions, it is likely that remote host cannot be contacted. You
> can configure MSDTC to use local coordinator by clicking MSDTC
> toolbar button in Component Services MMC snap-in. Since further
> execution is impossible at this time, server process has been
> terminated.
> Server Application ID: {02D4B3F1-FD88-11D1-960D-00805FC79235}
> Server Application Instance ID:
> {6176E13F-7A35-428F-A37B-363B94C733BB}
> Server Application Name: System Application
> Error Code = 0x8004d01b : The Transaction Manager is not available.
> COM+ Services Internals Information:
> File: d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\comsvcs\txprop\dtcinfo.cpp, Line: 164
> Comsvcs.dll file version: ENU 2001.12.4414.258 shp
>
> Consequently I am getting this error too.
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Service Control Manager
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 7034
> Date: 08/09/2005
> Time: 2:32:06 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: hidden
> The COM+ System Application service terminated unexpectedly. It has
> done this 17 time(s).
>
> MS event database is no help and I find scant resources on this
> apparently BIG error stream on Microsoft's support site. I checked
> MDAC etc and I have latest iteration et al.
>
> What is this all about? Thank you.

Sandi

This error has been associated with installing SP2 on Windows XP. Here is information from the Event ID website.

"This problem can appear after installing SP2 on Windows XP. See the link to “www.pcbanter.net - COM + Error after installing SP2“, for information on registering MSDTC and IIS packages. There is also an MS KB article, Q315296 on how to rebuild a damaged COM+ catalog."

COM + Error after installing SP2
http://www.pcbanter.net/showthread.php?t=638854

How to clean up a damaged COM+ catalog:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315296

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Hi

Thank you for your reply.

MSDTC was successfully 'fixed' by using system32/ 'msdtc -uninstall',
rebooting then using 'msdtc -install'

Once again thank you.

--
Microsoft Professional

Sandy Miller wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> MSDTC was successfully 'fixed' by using system32/ 'msdtc -uninstall',
> rebooting then using 'msdtc -install'
>
> Once again thank you.

Sandy

Glad you got this problem sorted. Enjoy. :)
--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User