Components for my new computer

woodenruler

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
Hi, I've been selecting components for a new computer, but I've hit a minor snag.
I'm trying to decide whether it'd be better to get the GeForce GTX 780ti from ASUS or EVGA.

My conflict: I'm already getting a motherboard from ASUS, so I was thinking that downloading drivers would be less of a problem, since both the GPU and the MOBO are from the same brand. But as I compare the two on www.newegg.com, the EVGA one seems to offer more. This is what I was looking at. But you must understand, this is my first time constructing a computer out of parts I selected, so sorry if I'm missing something.

Solution

Doesn't matter. The drivers for the graphics card are made by Nvidia, not Asus or EVGA. Another thing, you want to download and install the latest, stable drivers from Nvidia, rather than install the drivers from the disc that comes with the graphics card.

But as I compare the two on www.newegg.com, the EVGA one seems to offer more.

I would go EVGA, particularly because of their customer service. But, you'll be happy with either one.

ihog

Distinguished

Doesn't matter. The drivers for the graphics card are made by Nvidia, not Asus or EVGA. Another thing, you want to download and install the latest, stable drivers from Nvidia, rather than install the drivers from the disc that comes with the graphics card.

But as I compare the two on www.newegg.com, the EVGA one seems to offer more.

I would go EVGA, particularly because of their customer service. But, you'll be happy with either one.

Solution

woodenruler

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013

Thanks a ton, man.

Latest posts