[SOLVED] Components seem to work, no output

Oct 29, 2020
Hello,

So a couple of days ago I used my PC normally, nothing was out of the ordinary. I shut it off and went to train. When I came back 2 hours later, I pressed the power button, the components and the fans all worked, but there was no output. The internal components seem fine, motherboard lights up, the GPU lights up and fans are working, the CPU heats up, I tired every way of checking the components that I know of.

I tried everything I could possibly think of and everything my google searches came up with. I tried reseting and jumping the CMOS, changing the CMOS battery, cleaning it, air blowing it, changing the cables, changing the monitors, changing the peripherals, reseting without some parts, tried to get the onboard display to maybe work and many other stuff I really can't think of right now.

So now what I guess I want to ask is, which component is most likely to need a replacement? The motherboard is the newest component in my PC, about 3 months old. Other parts are 2-3 years old, but my PSU is by far the oldest part, I think it has 7-8 years on its back. So what I'm thinking is that the PSU is probably dying and can't power up the system properly anymore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am more than happy to provide more details if any are needed, the rage from trying to troubleshoot something and coming up with nothing in the end truly sucks.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2020
as you said yourself about the PSU it is probably the cause but having no system details to look at difficult to tell.

Cheers mate, here's my rig :)

Coolermaster 500W RS-500-PCAP-I3
Asus Prime A-320m-K motherboard
GTX 1060
Ryzen 1600
corsair vengeance lpx 2x8GB 3000mhz ddr4
seagate barracuda 1 tb HDD
toshiba 256GB SSD

Oct 29, 2020
So it IS entirely possible that the PSU doesn't provide enough power for the components anymore or it is failing from years of usage. I guess that's how it goes, seems that in the computer world parts get replaced enough so that this situation doesn't happen often, like in e.g. cars.

Cheers mate, thanks for the opinion, will order a new PSU and I will update on how it went. All the best to you! :)