[SOLVED] Components turn off when putting my pc to sleep

Jun 8, 2019
Hello. Not sure if this is the correct section for this but, I recently built my first gaming rig,
Specs:
Ryzen 7 2700x
16gb G Skill ripjaws V ddr4 3200mhz
Geforce RTX 2070 Super FE
Samsung 970 evo 250gb M.2
Antec HCG 650w 80+ gold Fully Modular PSU
Aorus b450 Pro Wifi
and I haven't had any issues with it, but everytime I put the pc to sleep, the internal components all shut off.
Cpu fan, rear exhaust fan, gpu fans, all the lights, like it would if I were to shut the pc down. Yet, when I tap a button on the keyboard it all comes back on
like normal.

I don't have hibernate turned on, fast startup is turned off, as well as Hybrid sleep. I just need to know if this is something that newer systems do, or is there a setting I'm just not seeing.

Any help is appreciated!

Solution
When you put a PC to sleep its supposed to turn all of the components to sleep until you turn the computer on again. I'm not quite sure what the problem is. Do you want to disable pressing the keys on the keyboard to wake up the PC?

itsme03

Commendable
Feb 17, 2020
When you put a PC to sleep its supposed to turn all of the components to sleep until you turn the computer on again. I'm not quite sure what the problem is. Do you want to disable pressing the keys on the keyboard to wake up the PC?

Solution
Jun 8, 2019

No no no, I just wanted to make sure that it was supposed to happen. Now that I know its a feature and not a bug, I'm more relieved. My other desktop, the fans and lights would keep running while it was asleep, so I was unsure if my new pc shutting the components down was supposed to happen or not.

Thank you very much.

itsme03

Commendable
Feb 17, 2020
No no no, I just wanted to make sure that it was supposed to happen. Now that I know its a feature and not a bug, I'm more relieved. My other desktop, the fans and lights would keep running while it was asleep, so I was unsure if my new pc shutting the components down was supposed to happen or not.

Thank you very much.
All good! :)