Compress folder gone

Sony branded Windows XP SP1, Sony Vaio 3.2 GHZ.

I can still view zip files/folders, but I had the option in the
folder view left pane of "Compress this folder". This option has
disappeared. How can I get it back.

Alex,

abarna <abar@rr.com> wrote:

>I can still view zip files/folders, but I had the option in the
>folder view left pane of "Compress this folder". This option has
>disappeared. How can I get it back.

At Start > Run type
REGSVR32 ZIPFLDR.DLL

--
(tm)

Thorsten Matzner wrote:
> abarna <abar@rr.com> wrote:
>

>>I can still view zip files/folders, but I had the option in the
>>folder view left pane of "Compress this folder". This option has
>>disappeared. How can I get it back.
>

> At Start > Run type
> REGSVR32 ZIPFLDR.DLL

I ran that & got a success message & rebouted but the compress
option still isn't under File and Folder Tasks.

Alex,

Here's another way to do it...

Right click a folder | Properties | General tab | Advanced button |
Compress contents to save disk space | OK | Apply |
OK

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:eC8jw8RRFHA.2664@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
abarna <abar@rr.com> hunted and pecked:

Wesley Vogel wrote:
> Here's another way to do it...
>
> Right click a folder | Properties | General tab | Advanced button |
> Compress contents to save disk space | OK | Apply |
> OK

Thanks, I'll have to remember that. It was much easier having it
on the left pane.