Question Compter Freezing and Crashing; Not sure why

Luke_48

Reputable
May 11, 2016
Hi all,
Recently (passed 2-3 days) my pc has been freezing up and required me to force restart it (hold power button). I occasionally get a BSOD with error code "dpc_watchdog_violation". I've done some googling around this and it seems to be a drive error? Something strange is i cant see anything has gone wrong in event viewer after rebooting (except for warning about sudden loss of power from force restart).

What I've Done:
I've run some recommended tests including 'sfc /scanall', 'chkdsk /r' and used Samsung's Magician tool and Seagate's diagnostic tool to check for errors with the drives, but to no avail.
I've also followed the steps of replacing the SATA AHCI Controller driver, storahci.sys.
I re-installed windows this morning from a USB, so completely reformatted my SSD in the process.
Also ran two passes of memtest as i had a feeling it could be memory but please correct me if I'm wrong

I'm completely our of ideas, and tried looking at the dump files using WinDbg but not too sure what i'm looking for in there. Any help would be much appreciated!

Heres my dump files (only two as others were lost after reinstalling windows):
dump_files.zip (Google Drive Link)

Specs:
I5-6600
1060 6GB
MSI b150M mortar
2x8GB corsair vengeance RGB pro 3000mhz
500GB samsung 850 EVO SSD
1TB seagate BarraCuda HDD
Seasonic 500W i think