[SOLVED] Compter Will Not Boot

itsame

Honorable
Apr 12, 2016
I am running Windows 10 and 3 days ago was using the computer just fine.
When I went to shut down I noticed it wanted to install updates. I ignored this and shut down normally so as not to interrupt my work the next morning. (This system has been known to somehow install updates anyway.)
Since then, I have not been able to get into Windows at all. It keeps defaulting to Automatic Repair and often to repair random drives (E:, G: and most recently C:) these always fail and the ONE time I was able to try booting from a USB to do repairs it found no issues or denied access altogether.
Oddly enough, out of nowhere, I was able to get on this morning. Everything was working well, but I was away from the computer while it booted up, and only came back to my desktop. My antivirus needed updating and I wanted to see if the issues wer behind me, but low and behold, over 12 hours later... back to square one.
Currently I am looking at Fixing (E:) Stage 1: 28% 23 of 256); Total: 2%; ETA: 133:22:57 and going up...

PLEASE help!

Thank You

Reactions: bamone boyd
Solution
When I went to shut down I noticed it wanted to install updates. I ignored this and shut down normally so as not to interrupt my work the next morning. (This system has been known to somehow install updates anyway.)
Since then, I have not been able to get into Windows at all. It keeps defaulting to Automatic Repair and often to repair random drives (E:, G: and most recently C:) these always fail and the ONE time I was able to try booting from a USB to do repairs it found no issues or denied access altogether.
Oddly enough, out of nowhere, I was able to get on this morning. Everything was working well, but I was away from the computer while it booted up, and...
Oddly enough, out of nowhere, I was able to get on this morning. Everything was working well, but I was away from the computer while it booted up, and only came back to my desktop. My antivirus needed updating and I wanted to see if the issues wer behind me, but low and behold, over 12 hours later... back to square one.
Currently I am looking at Fixing (E:) Stage 1: 28% 23 of 256); Total: 2%; ETA: 133:22:57 and going up...

PLEASE help!

Thank You
You have a corrupted c drive. The best thing to here is "BOOT" TO cmd in the repair options at boot. With a boot able USB plugged in, actually recommend you boot from the USB and click the repair option at the USB start page. Then goto cmd from there, run command "sfc scannow" once this completed
Run command "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth" please make sure you are connected to ethernet during this.
Then run command "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth"
Then command "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:repairSource\install.wim" when these are done try booting the system.

Solution

itsame

Honorable
Apr 12, 2016
I have done that and nothing (as far as errors/etc.) were found

Again, I was able to get into my computer at random this morning, but rebooting locked me out again.

I should also point out that ALL boot and scan activity has been CRAWLING compared to the sonic speeds I normally boot at. Occasionally, it will give me the option to bypass scanning which will proceed to a black screen with cursor, regardless of whether I hit a key or not.

I have done that and nothing (as far as errors/etc.) were found

Again, I was able to get into my computer at random this morning, but rebooting locked me out again.

I should also point out that ALL boot and scan activity has been CRAWLING compared to the sonic speeds I normally boot at. Occasionally, it will give me the option to bypass scanning which will proceed to a black screen with cursor, regardless of whether I hit a key or not.
You used all of these commands in cmd at boot? If so I can only say to reset the c drive at this point since the os is unrecoverable apparently to windows it's all there and complete sounds like a Trojan has taken control almost....

sfc /scannow

"Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation"
Then at this point the only thing I can think to tell you is create a separate portion on the same drive big enough for windows 10 again install windows to that partition and once you boot into this windows, from there "cut and paste" any and all things you wish to save from the other partition on the drive to a new drive then format and delete the old partition.