Comptia A+

normz

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
Hey,

I am currently going to school for Information Technology as well as working part time as a PC Technician. I am fairly certain I could do well on the A+ but I don't want to pay the money only to find out that I was just shy of passing.

I have looked online at a lot of cool resources such as Professor Messer but that is not where my problem lies.

I am looking for the best place to take an up to date practice A+ exam. Several of these test sites have wayy out dated information.

So if anyone knows a good place to take these practice tests (Free would be awesome) please let me know!

Thanks!!

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
When I got my cert one of the things that helped me out was a company called proprofs. My boss at the time had purchased "study" material from them, what they do is hire savants with photographic memory to take the tests and then they compile all the questions with answers.

But another reality you need to work with is an A+ is designed to certify that you can service any computer regardless of OS or hardware age. There will be soooooo many outdated questions on that test.

QUICK tell me the difference in pin structure between IDE and EIDE (actual question), bonus points how many of those pins are grounding?

natashaknapp

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
hiring savants seems a bit fishy...hmmm....
one place that has free tests (a lotof them) and they were good with the fields I did is knowledgebuster.com, the sites nothing fancy but it was completely free. i know careersaver.com/training.asp has free courses, i dont know if they have practice tests on there (i bought their stuff so i havent used any of their free resources) but its worth a shot and their stuff is really good and they have a pas guarantee so if you dont pass your exam you get your money back (so no wasted money there!) . certguard.com lists websites too that are safe to check out and not scammers or anything. good luck let me know how it goes!

Genny

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
It's honestly a very easy test and with a couple weeks of studying should be a cinch. As someone else pointed out, the questions are archaic (e.g. questions about assigning IRQs) I got it many years ago thinking it would be useful to get into IT. I can tell you not one interview has ever given a damn about that certificate.

GunBladeType-T

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010

You could try going to comptia's website, they sell some practice exams to see what areas you need to focus on! I Think they you Measure IT Tests!

PaulR08

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
I completed and passed both exams this past February. I recommend a lot of reading from books such as Upgrading and Repairing PC's, and hands-on practice with building a desktop computer from parts, installing Windows, etc. Practice exams are not as effective as really learning the technology and the definitions.