Elt0r

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
i have recently been asked to build 3 PC's of the same specs
Gigabyte H61MA-D2V - MotherBoard
Kingston HyperX KHX16C10B1K2/16X - RAM
Intel i5 3330 CPU
PSU- generic 420w
whenever i start it up on the test bench the fans power up and everything looks fine but i dont reseive any output(such as Bios screen) from the VGA port or the DVI port this has been the case for two of the boards

Elt0r

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012

the gigabyte website says that it supports the i5 3330 cpu with the motherboard
im leaning towards the Ram as its running at 1600mhz but ive never had an issue befoe with rams 1600mhz running on a 1333mhz compatible board before

dsventimiglia

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
..make sure the 220/115 volt switch on the back of your computer near the fan is put to 115volt selection if you are in the united states.
Second your power transformer may be bad.
That is the unit that blows out the back of the computer, if a tower its near the top. if your computer is a desk top it may be the left or right side of the back of the desktop.
There are many problems in this area we could cover..start with checking that your cables to the harddrive are seated firmly and flush to the harddrive.
Besure you have a system on your harddrive..xp/vista etc.
Ensure you have your IDE cables pressed flush and firmly into the motherboard.
make sure you have power to your harddive or any other cd drives etc. or floppy drive if you have one.
Make sure they all have power to them.
After you do get it to start. Go into your bios and make sure if you dont have a floppy drive that the selection for your floppy is notNOT selected. otherwise this will cause a no start up...but it seems your computer has a more severe problem.
i hope this helps.
Installing improperly seated memory will cause this same situation. be sure your memeory chips are in their slots flush and clamped in firmly. dont force them...as they may not be seating correctly if you dont have the proper memory chips for your particular motherboard.
a miss match of memory chips..will cause a non start up.
be sure your memory chips are qualified for your particular motherboard. and put MATCHING memory chips in the slots. close together , and in proper slots.