Computer abruptly reboots, cannot find any solutions

Dieselblue9

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016
Specs:
GTX 1080 FTW OC'd (core clock +75MHz) (Mem clock +450Mhz)
i7 6700k OC'd 4.6 GHz
650W EVGA supernova G2
Asus Maximus Hero VIII
Kraken x61 Cpu cooler
Phantom 530 ATX case
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB ssd
Seagate barracuda 2TB hard drive

My system has been doing this for 5 months, I cannot find the solution anywhere, I've tried asking on here multiple times but the thread dies out before it gets solved.

What happens:
My computer when performing a task such as gaming or watching you tube or both, suddenly reboots with out any warning or BSOD, however, the fans are still running and the motherboard lights are still on, my computer then turns itself back on with out any input on my behalf and starts up with no warnings what so ever, my event log says it's a kernel ID 41 and sometimes when I start up the computer it sometimes will repeatedly go through random BSOD crashes when it turns on, some times it continues as normal. I've all ready tried 3 different PSU's and 2 sets of ram and the same thing is still happening, I have checking for bulging capacitors on my mother board but I can't find any, nothing is shorting the mother board out either.

When it does cycle through BSODs it shows random errors probably due to the random shut downs corrupting my Hard drives, meaning I have to reset windows entirely. I can use my computer normally for a month without a shut down and sometimes I get multiple shutdowns in a week it's really annoying.

My computers performance however, isn't diminishing at all. It's still getting the same bench mark scores on fire strike since the day I built it.

I have run my computer through extreme stress tests and have reached GPU temperatures of 70-80 Degrees and my cpu doesn't go higher than 60 degrees and it does not shut down.

So I am really bummed about what I can do, it seems like I need a new motherboard but I can't tell because my computer isn't giving me any clear signs of what is failing. Also, as a side note, my computer has been doing this even before I overclocked it, my voltages are normal. Also when I turn my computer on the second cpu fan above the radiator takes a while to turn on, it does eventually turn on but how long is random.

So can someone please help, thanks. Because I am honestly on the brink of just giving up and letting it destroy it's self.

Dieselblue9

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016
Someone in my previous thread said this: Is this true?

Him:

Just a shot in the dark -
- On the start menu search, type msconfig and hit enter
- Boot tab, click Advanced options
- Select one processor and click ok
- Restart computer

Me:
I did what you said and it booted up fine albeit slowly (as expected)

Him:
It will be slow because it's not using all cores but try using it normal to see if it crashes.

Me:
It's running fine with out crashing.

Him:
So it went longer than normal? The problem is your CPU then, a bad core somewhere.

akimikage

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
The problem with PC's is this XD . The easiest thing I do to narrow down problem is to change parts. Based on your post, it seems like you haven't tried changing the CPU, mobo or GPU yet. I think you should try that