Question Computer acting a bit wonky after opening it recently.

coocolad

Commendable
Apr 14, 2017
So a while back i built a budget gaming setup using the help of this forum, this was a solid 2 years or more in the past and despite it being my first build everything worked perfectly fine all this time aside from one minor thing. any mic or headset containing a mic did not register as being active so i couldn't talk on discord, skype, ect. it wasn't a huge deal for me till recently when i started focusing on more cooperative games and needed that extra communication so i went ahead and opened her up to take a look and see where i went wrong. I looked around, cleaned some dust from two of my fans (unscrewing one of them and the power supply in the process) and noticed that i had correctly installed the ports so i gave up and closed the PC defeated. What a mistake i made, upon starting it the PC wouldn't fully power the fans would start then stop then start then stop so i gave my power supply plugs a good push and tried again. The PC powered up this time however occasionally the keyboard and mouse just fully stop, the keyboard still glows (yet the mouse glow stops) and neither respond to any buttons or movement, along with this no matter which port front or back i swap them to they do not function. restarting my PC oddly enough fixes them and restores function till it happens again but i'd like a more permanent solution and frankly would like to know what i may have done wrong while poking around. any help would be appreciated here are the parts i'm using, besides the power supply i'm using the same model but slightly more wattage.

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($59.63 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI B250M PRO-VDH Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($69.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: ADATA XPG Z1 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2800 Memory ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.88 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 480 4GB G1 Gaming Video Card ($179.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($44.90 @ Amazon)

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS