[SOLVED] Computer Acting up

Plicker19

Reputable
Mar 22, 2019
I bought an older gaming computer for a cheap price. It looks like someone built it. The intake fan up front glows blue. but...
when I turn it on, it sometimes refuses to power on.
when it does power on, it used to turn on, boot up from something, and then randomly turns off.
now, it turns on whenever I press the button but all the fans in the computer except the psu fan are pulsating and staying steady for maybe ten seconds and then pulsating again on a loop.
here is what I could record:
ASUS Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 Processor
1024 mb ram
SATA WD Caviar Blue Hard Disk
VIA GPU
IDE DVD CD Drive.
Thanks in advance.

Solution
I bought an older gaming computer for a cheap price. It looks like someone built it. The intake fan up front glows blue. but...
when it does power on, it used to turn on, boot up from something, and then randomly turns off.
now, it turns on whenever I press the button but all the fans in the computer except the psu fan are pulsating and staying steady for maybe ten seconds and then pulsating again on a loop.
ASUS Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 Processor
1024 mb ram
VIA GPU
IDE DVD CD Drive.
Thanks in advance.
That's quite old system. at those times motherboard had electrolytic capacitors and symptoms pint tho some drying...
ASUS Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 Processor
1024 mb ram
VIA GPU
IDE DVD CD Drive.
Thanks in advance.
That's quite old system. at those times motherboard had electrolytic capacitors and symptoms pint tho some drying out. Check tops of each one, it should be flat, there's an X etched at the top to prevent a blowup. Any bump in there would mean bad capacitor.

Solution