Hello. A couple days ago I was playing Dragon ball xenoverse (with fraps and MSI afterburner monitoring the hardware usage and fps in case this is important) and I alt + f4:d the game which basically froze my PC. I proceeded to press the reboot button on my computer case to resolve the situation, but after I got back to the Windows desktop I began noticing not everything was working correctly. Here are some of the symptoms I have encountered:
- Some of the USB ports don't work either for a while or at all. Especially my game controller and headset have trouble connecting and most of the time my headset is not recognized at all.
- Unable to install or uninstall software. Especially drivers. Executing programs works fine though.
- Upon selecting the shut down option in Windows the computer won't shut down. It will have a black screen for like 10 to 20 minutes after which it boots back to Windows. It is pretty much the same story if I select restart. Only way to actually turn off the system is to pull the plug or force shut down.
- Antivirus failing to update.
- Windows' clock displaying the wrong time.
- Once in every 20 reboots or so everything works about normally. Everything seems to be connected properly, I can fiddle with the software etc. but rebooting or shutting down breaks the camel's back again.