sebastianmvaldes

Prominent
Dec 9, 2018
Ok, so just recently, my computer would start acting up, games would crash, and some wont even launch. Whenever I try to play Destiny 2 I get a Random crash, When I try to play Star Wars Battlefront 2 Or Apex Legends It crashes almost instantly. The Only Game I can load up with no problems is CS:GO, but i'm really wanting to play something else right now and can't find a solution to my problem.

Specs:
CPU: I-7 3770K
MOBO: Gigabyte B75M-D3H With BIOS version F15
RAM: 8gb DDR3-1600 G.Skill Ripjaws X
GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 8Gb with 19.4.1 Drivers
PSU: EVGA GQ 750w 80+ GOLD
STORAGE: SSD: 250Gb Samsung EVO 950 SATA 2.5in SSD
HDD: WD My Passport 2TB 7200rpm

The CPU and GPU are at stock clocks, with a fan curve adjustment to the GPU.

I got the GPU in december 2018, and the PSU in June 2018, they are the only new parts we have bought in a While.

sebastianmvaldes

Prominent
Dec 9, 2018
Destiny 2 sometimes gives errors, I dont remember them RN,
I have the latest GPU drivers and latest Motherboard bios unless they released a new one for a 2011 mobo.

I've heard that it may be GPU drivers, should I roll them back to the drivers that came with it? 18.3.1?

sebastianmvaldes

Prominent
Dec 9, 2018
Kindof, I install the new drivers whenever I can, so that may be the case.

IMO i think it's the motherboard cause whenever the games crash my Peripherals Lose RGB ligthing for a sec, turn back on, and get stuck, and sometimes i get shocks when i touch the PC case, and yesterday my speakers went like BAM for a sec i thought a gun had gone off. Whenever i move around with Headphones on they shock my ear. I use HyperX Cloud Stinger, K55RGB and M65 Pro FPS.

sebastianmvaldes

Prominent
Dec 9, 2018
Well, technically it's my dad's PC, so the Cable Management=Garbage :p

We Are using an OLD case (Old Version of Corsair 200R) so the insulation may be wearing down.

We Havent cleaned it in AGES either.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
First of all I would do that, rewire everything if you must. Just to make sure nothing has become loose or that there isn't anything shorting the motherboard.
At least it eliminates that as a possiblity before we jump straight into hardware.

sebastianmvaldes

Prominent
Dec 9, 2018
Ok, so cables are OK, Everything plugged in well,

Downgraded drivers to 19.3.3 AMD, Destiny 2 Runs OK.

Played Fortnite this morning, trtied to open Google, boom, screen black, could still move and do things in game, Had to force shutdown and restart to get a regular screen again.