[SOLVED] Computer after an power outage

Jun 4, 2021
Hello guys i wanna ask. Is my computer gonna be fine ?.

There a sudden power outtage while i was on pausing the game and after it turned on i do the following
1.Run CHKDSK : found no error
2.Run sfc/scannow : there some error but it was succesfully repaired.
Do you think my computer gonna be fine ?. Im scared....

Solution
You're probably OK, but I'd be worried about that PSU long-term. Like most, if not all of Enlight's PSUs, the wattage is basically a fiction with just over 300W of +12V power available. Ancient, outdated design and very cheap parts. Unless you have a very basic office PC, I'd avoid using this PSU like the plague.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you live in a region or neighborhood that has frequent blackouts, then you're advised to invest into an UPS. That way you don't see s sudden power failure on your system, and perhaps a point where you loose valuable data and/or components.

Make and model of your PSU in your build?

Jun 4, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you live in a region or neighborhood that has frequent blackouts, then you're advised to invest into an UPS. That way you don't see s sudden power failure on your system, and perhaps a point where you loose valuable data and/or components.

Make and model of your PSU in your build?
I use enlight blacksilver 400 watt PSU... Since it decent enough to do the works...

There no lost data (thank god) since all i do on that computer is currently on pause menu.

The chkdsk doesnt give me error but the sfc scan give some error but say it manage to repair all of it... Do you think its going to be fine ?.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
You're probably OK, but I'd be worried about that PSU long-term. Like most, if not all of Enlight's PSUs, the wattage is basically a fiction with just over 300W of +12V power available. Ancient, outdated design and very cheap parts. Unless you have a very basic office PC, I'd avoid using this PSU like the plague.

Solution
Jun 4, 2021

is there a better yet affodable PSU that better than enlight ?. Also what UPS and PSU you recommend ?.