[SOLVED] Computer and Audio Stutters/Distorts Every Few Seconds

artavasdes

Prominent
Nov 28, 2019
My computer stutters and the audio distorts every few seconds. While in game, the frames seem to drop every few seconds and the stuttering continues. I just wanted to mention that I know the cpu is going to be bottlenecking the gpu, I hope to replace the cpu soon. I recently got the rtx 3090 and replaced the previous rx 5700xt.
The specs are as follows:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: RTX 3090
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 4x8gb 4000 mhz
Motherboard: Gigabyte x570 aorus elite
PSU: ROG Thor 1200 watt

I Thought the issue might have been ram, but I enabled the xmp and nothing changed, the stuttering still continued. I wanted to mention how it does not feel too much like stuttering, but more like frame drops even when not in a game.

Thanks for any help!

Solution
I would try removing the mobo audio drivers first and restarti g the system then giving audio a shot.
Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up resetting windows and the problem's solved, no more stuttering or distortion. I really wonder what caused it. It might be the audio drivers like you said.

7/19/21 EDIT: I just wanted to mentioned that the issue was most likely from a Virtual machine software I had installed (I forgot if it was virtualbox or vmware).
My computer stutters and the audio distorts every few seconds. While in game, the frames seem to drop every few seconds and the stuttering continues. I just wanted to mention that I know the cpu is going to be bottlenecking the gpu, I hope to replace the cpu soon. I recently got the rtx 3090 and replaced the previous rx 5700xt.

I Thought the issue might have been ram, but I enabled the xmp and nothing changed, the stuttering still continued. I wanted to mention how it does not feel too much like stuttering, but more like frame drops even when not in a game.

Thanks for any help!
Did you make sure the bios is fully up to date? You'll want to do that anyways before ugrading anyhigher into cpus anyways.

Thanks for any help!
And you have all the latest mobo drivers?

artavasdes

Prominent
Nov 28, 2019
I would try removing the mobo audio drivers first and restarti g the system then giving audio a shot.
Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up resetting windows and the problem's solved, no more stuttering or distortion. I really wonder what caused it. It might be the audio drivers like you said.

7/19/21 EDIT: I just wanted to mentioned that the issue was most likely from a Virtual machine software I had installed (I forgot if it was virtualbox or vmware).

Last edited:
Solution