[SOLVED] Computer Assistance

Aug 24, 2019
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VbCbnH Is for the most part my computer, with my current graphics card being an MSI GT 1030 and the power supply is what I'm thinking of upgrading to. I was looking around my computer and couldn't seem to find the right cable or any cable to plug into my soon to arrive RTX 2060, I'm not very good with pc building and know someone who could put it together after I get the right parts. I just wanted to know if the power supply would give me all the necessary cables/cords I would need to put it all together and just in general fit in this case or if there's a similar power supply for about the same price as I don't make very much money quickly. Of course my friend would probably tell me what I need but I don't get to talk to him about until next week and currently my plan is to just give him my computer and new GPU and tell to make it work and change out anything he sees fit and I'll find a way to pay him back for the parts.

Solution
You MUST us the new power supply ONLY with the cables that it comes with. And it will come with cables. DO NOT "look around for other cables. "

You can fry your entire build. The cables are not interchangeable. They are not even interchangeable between two power supplies from the same company.

When the new psu comes TAKE OUT ANY INSTALLED POWER SUPPLY CABLES before doing anything else. Your SATA data cables are OK. But power cables, no. New psu, new cables.

So now you know.

Greg N

gn842a

Honorable
Oct 10, 2016
You MUST us the new power supply ONLY with the cables that it comes with. And it will come with cables. DO NOT "look around for other cables. "

You can fry your entire build. The cables are not interchangeable. They are not even interchangeable between two power supplies from the same company.

When the new psu comes TAKE OUT ANY INSTALLED POWER SUPPLY CABLES before doing anything else. Your SATA data cables are OK. But power cables, no. New psu, new cables.

So now you know.

Greg N

Solution