CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800x
CPU FAN: Scythe Fuma 2 Rev .B
PSU: ApexGaming AG-750 80+ Gold Fully modular
RAM: 16gb
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X AM4 REV 1.0
GPU: Zotac gaming RTX 3070 8gb
STORAGE: 2tb Seagate ST2000Dm008-2FR102
120Gb ssd

Recently upgraded CPU, CPU FAN, PSU, And GPU. All been working for a week no problems. I had some problems with having a wrong bios version when I first installed my new cpu, but once that was fixed it has been running perfectly for 1 week.

Last night it randomly started shutting off. As it shuts down, the ram lights stay on, CPU fan stays on, and GPU lighting stays on. Temperatures of parts are all in 40-60 range(at least as I’m monitoring them when the pc is one). Peripherals have no light and the and the display signal isn’t working since it’s like it auto shut down. I then hold the power button to fully shut down everything and then turn it back on and it does it again within 20-30minutes, sometimes within 5.

what should I do?

Dave8671

Distinguished
Hi
sounds like a heat issue hmm.
I assume you added more thermal paste when you upgraded the CPU, recheck all fans are working? I would have said to reset the bios defaults but after a bios update not sure that would be the case but you could still try it.

Nov 21, 2022
Hi
I assume you added more thermal paste when you upgraded the CPU, recheck all fans are working? I would have said to reset the bios defaults but after a bios update not sure that would be the case but you could still try it.
Hi Dave.
Yes i added new thermal paste because it was a new cpu and cpu cooler, so there was none on it. I used top rated thermal paste, not the one that came with the cpu fan.

All fans are moving and on. I monitor my temps on an NZXT cam app to monitor temps and nothing has gone super high so it is weird.

Nov 21, 2022
Hi
I also noticed that on my gpu, there are two 6+2 pin (8) connectors plugged into it. I have each pin connector directly going to the psu. This was to avoid daisy chaining as i read something online about that's how its supposed to be done on this card. Anyways I noticed that one of 2-pin parts of the 6+2pin connector seemed to be slightly out, not fully pressed in. I plugged it in better and now plugged my psu directly into the wall outlet to see if it was my surge protector having some sort of overloading with my new equipment/or just deteriorating since i believe it is an old one. 35 minutes no crash now so lets hope it was one of those things.

Dave8671

Distinguished
I have to really press in the same connector on my gpu other wise it does the same. Those to connector hmm parts should snap together but most of the time they do not. Most psu these day have a dedicated power connector for gpu's. I try to replace my surge protectors every 2 years.

Nov 21, 2022
I have to really press in the same connector on my gpu other wise it does the same. Those to connector hmm parts should snap together but most of the time they do not. Most psu these day have a dedicated power connector for gpu's. I try to replace my surge protectors every 2 years.
It ended up doing it again at 1am, so it lasted 12 hours with no shutdown after i stopped using surge protector. I am so confused now.

Nov 21, 2022
I changed my psu out and it still does it. Looks like it might be a heat problem then? Or processor? So weird because temperatures don’t rise when it shut off/reboots.

Dave8671

Distinguished
This is a last resort. Sometimes removing the cpu and cleaning it off then reinstalling it with new paste occasionally works. I researched for issues with this cpu and found no heat issues reported as to where the system shuts down.

I suggest contacting amd support see if they have any idea if the above potential solution fails.