[SOLVED] Computer awakes from suspend when turning on lamp

Jan 10, 2021
If I suspend my computer and then for example plug in my mobile charging cable in a different socket, the computer awakes from the suspension and turns on. I think it also happens when a lamp is turned on. So it happens when theres power activity somewhere.
Is this normal?

Solution
Those are power boards, they may or may not also be surge protectors. Its difficult to say but my 1st impression is they only power boards. Surge protectors normally have more than 1 light on them, they will have the obvious one showing its getting power but might also have a green one that shows its still safe to use.

this is the one I have - https://www.belkin.com/au/p/P-BSV804-2M /
they normally look different to what you have.
Hi kook i agree with colif , get a surge protector at this time of year when you might get a power cut or a sudden surge of electricity it could blow your gear. Some of them even guarantee to replace anything connected to them if they fail.

i read your comments and was wondering , if you have some house lights on and you switch your carpet hoover on , does the light dip for a split second. If yes then have a look at your fuses box. What size are the rcd trips , all mine are 16 amp and when we have alterations done we had a wheelchair lift put in. The circuit that the lift was on had to be increased to a 20 because when i turned the lift on it would sometimes pop the trip.

Reactions: kook

Colif

Win 11 Master
Those are power boards, they may or may not also be surge protectors. Its difficult to say but my 1st impression is they only power boards. Surge protectors normally have more than 1 light on them, they will have the obvious one showing its getting power but might also have a green one that shows its still safe to use.

this is the one I have - https://www.belkin.com/au/p/P-BSV804-2M /
they normally look different to what you have.

Reactions: kook
Solution